Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Apartment

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Drey, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

well guys heres some pics of my apartment since ive been here since may and i finally cleaned it once:rolleyes: . I expect at least two good burns out of Mikey and probably just one out of Brett if the old fart is still awake:haha: . The rest of you guys feel free to light the roast.

Hallway/Kitchen
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Living Room
    [​IMG]
    Theres and Xbox and fairly decent stereo hiding in that abomanation of a entertainment center i built in college...also my collection of alcohol containers

[​IMG]

my christmas tree that my mom and grandma got me cuz they said I was being to much of a grinch.
    [​IMG]

Now in my room
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

It looks like my deceased 86 year old grandma had sex with a hick from the 70's. Although I have to give you credit, I didn't even know that there were any towns big enough in Iowa to have apartment buildings.

Also, there's no way in hell the old man is still up. Nursing home lights out is at 8. :rolleyes:

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Bachelor PAD...

4. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

could be worse, atleast it doesn't have pink counter tops :dunno: :rotfl: :rotfl:

5. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Mallard, Iowa, like 200 people. 2 Bars, Gun shop, Golf Course, Auto Repair shop not a bad little town

lot better then anything in Minnesota

6. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

200 people and there's an apartment building? I grew up in a town of 400 and we were lucky to have a gas station and a bar.

7. 68MUDSTUD

68MUDSTUD OCD with shiny things

i dont think theres anything i hate more than dark cabinets in the kitchen...

8. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yeah man...throw some paint on stuff...it'll make a world of difference...I don't know about you guys but my environment makes such a big difference in my mood.

Go Rustlers!

-Avery

9. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Beats the hell out of me. There are 8 apts here. My home town had like 8 in one complex by my parents house and another 6 I think up by the fire station. Early is only 600 and some people

10. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

all i can say is FLASH BACK!!seppin for the lava lamp.sweet dood.

11. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Eh im just renting it, no intention of any fix it up type stuff. I was wondering if anyone was gonna recognize my Rustler, soon as the K10 is done its gettin some new stuff.

Boggerless ya I love that thing, had it since i was like 17

12. Avery4jc

lol, brings back good memories...my rustler is still one of my favorite cars...lehner Basic 4200Kv w/ an MGM80 Amp Spedo...9 cell 3300's and an 8,000mah LiPo for a while as well...its a fun little beater...it'll hang w/ the 1/8 scale buggies so it'll do.

-Avery

13. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

mine came with old XL-1 Esc, I added a 3000 Trinity pack, and a Monsters of Touring 17 turn triple motor. Ran good, but I shelled out the idler and top gear im fairly certain, im upgraded to steel parts, and prolly a ESC with a brake too

14. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

There's a trailer park in Arkansas missing a bunch of furniture.:haha: :haha: :haha:

15. Avery4jc

Does the XL1 have black heat sinks or blue ones? The black ones kick ass as they came in the old Rustler/Stampede/Bandits and they would take some serious abuse...the blue heat sinked ones started to show up a couple years ago and they were supposedly the same thing but I've seen waaaaay to many of them come back running a setup that wouldn't even get an original XL1 toasty...

They are rated on paper to a 17 turn but I only take them to 17 w/ the old one (black one)....w/ the newer (blue) ones I don't go below a well wound 19t....something like the Reedy or the Chameleon 2....

For the tranny just get the Traxxas steel idler, do bearings while its open and call it quits...DO NOT get the steel diff gear, it doesn't need it. My rustler has more power than most guys dream of and I run the stock diff gear...only upgrade gear wise in the tranny is the Traxxas Steel idler....

-Avery

16. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Why is the calendar girl wearing clothes?

17. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Ok the one chair my buddys stole out of their door room and left it at my place to pick up later...they never came to get it. The two arm chairs were 5 bucks a peice at a garage sale, the loveseat was free, the car seat(video game chair) was out of a buddys old car and i just slapped it on some 2x4s...

The calender was a gift from a girl

My XL-1 has the black heat sinks, yeah I was just planning on getting the steel idler, a new spur gear and pegs too. I only ran it a couple summers so idk if I need to tranny bearings though. I am gonna put new ones in the hubs though and maybe swap the oil out of the shocks, im not sure though.

some Blue RPM arms are gonna be on the list purly for eye candy, and Im gonna look into a Novak Reactor ESC if they still even make them, Ive been out of RC for like 3 years now.

18. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

19. Avery4jc

Yeah arms might be nice but the stock rustler ones are pretty tough so before you do that invest in the RPM carriers...they are a heck of a lot stronger and they hold larger bearings than stock (like 5X8's if I remember)...so do those first...Towerhobbies.com has everything...just find the rustler (make sure you find the "old" one since there is a new one out) and it'll list the parts for it.

-Avery

20. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

already got RPM carriers, and the wide bumper as you can see. I want to get those camber links they make too. Im surprised those havent bit the dust yet. I skied my truck a few times far higher then meant for