Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My ARB is broke!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by broc944, Mar 17, 2006.

1. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

Thanks to Fed Ex:mad: , the box looked like it took a ride around the world a couple of times, The seal housing assembly was trashed, switch was smashed, box was completely worn through. Was going to have the 14bff ready to swap out in the morning, guess it will wait till next weekend.

Good news is I called ARB, no questions asked, replacement parts are on their way, was kind of surprised, all they wanted to know was who I purchased it from, and who the shipper was, I asked for new O rings also just to be on the safe side, and they are sending them also, knowing that mine seemed to be OK, but the Tech agreed with me on why take the chance.

Just needed to vent to someone:D .

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

F the replacement parts - return the entire unit. Too much $$ with too much affect on your vehicle to take any chances.

3. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

I thought about it, but the ARB itself is fine, actually I am not sure if you could break that thing, it was just the little parts bags that took a beating, I wish I would of looked at it last week when it arrived, waiting a few days isn't going to kill me.

4. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

ARB is great, they helped us out with a 15 year old unit in my wife's FJ40, although it almost took a phone call to OZ.

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

customer service there is awsome, i talked to Tech Tim on pirate, he hooked me up with what i needed, no questions asked
    awsome for sure