Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my atv is gone

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4x4k20, Apr 21, 2005.

1. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

i got up this morning and went to get in my company truck to go to work and seen that my 04 honda rancher 4x4 was gone :mad: . it was in the back of my 79k30 someone stole it rite of my 79 last night rite in my driveway hell my house sets back over 1500 ft from the road and cant be seen . it had been it there since sunday when we came back from the harley drags last weekend. i was going to take it in friday for some recall work . :mad: but now i am mad but i am glad it wasnt my 79 that got took .i cant have nuthing :(

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Was it insured ??

3. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

I heard at work alot of them hondas got recalled for some kind of work. Don't remember much about what was wrong but alot of people were happy. About honda's mess up not people getting a bad 4 wheeler. But that is just because of compitition.

Sorry to here about it getting stolen. Hear of people around here getting them stole off of carports and out of sheds. How someone has enough nerve to get that close to a house and steel something i don't know.

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

man id be pissed, quads are alot of fun,
    this is the exact reason i have insurance on my dirt bike, i cant afford to take a hit that big

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

sorry to kick you when you are down, but never leave a quad or snowmobile in the back of a truck when its out in the open. Its the perfect situation to get stolen. All they have to do is back right up, and roll it off one onto the other. Takes a minute.

6. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

sorry to hear about your qaud being stolen. I have mine in my shed all locked up with they key in it. But they'll have some trouble starting with out the kill switch cord :p: Im actually afraid that my neighbors were going to steal it cuz they HATE me riding it. Hope you get it back.

Later

7. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Call the police dept report it stolen. Do you have the VIN number wrote down anywhere??

Call ever Shop within a few hundred miles that will do recall work on your honda, call ever honda dealer. Call Honda, tell'em whats happened they can probably take your vin number an red flag it. I'm sure they've got some sort of check list they have an when one goes in for recall they check the number off.

The police will only do so much, the detectives might check around with some known fourwheeler theives, but if the detectives have much else going on then this will take a back burner position. BE sure an report it stolen, that way if Me or Bubba or any other of the police on here find it we can get it back to ya.

8. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

ALL DEALERS SHOULD RUN A VIN# WIN THEY DO SERVICE WORK TO KEEP TRACK OF WORK HISTORY. i KNOW THEY FOUND SOME THAT HAD BEEN STOLEN FROM WORK BY THE PERSON THAT STOLE IT SOLD IT THEN THE PERSON TOOK IT IN FOR SERVICE WORK. MUST NOT HAVE KNOWN.

9. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

no i thought it would be covered under my homeowners but the declined it because i took it off my yard twice they tricked me into a recording saying i left the yard with it there fore it was not covered under my homeowners :mad: so now i am out over 8 grand because some ****ass stole it from me and state farm doesnt give a dam i have been with them over 20 years :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

state farm are real dicks sometimes. I had one guy try and trick me into saying crap and make me say my dad uses my 97 pickup for his construction business(which he doesn't). Guy was a dick cause I am 19 and have more than one vehicle insured.

11. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

that sucks fight it.

i often dream of burning down my insurance company......JUST so they have to file a clame.:angry1:

12. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

We had a problem with state farm when our house on the farm burned down. The whole house burned except for one wall and wanted to rebuild off of that one wall. We fought it with a lawyer and well after a few months, they seen the light and wrote it off as a total loss. Just thinking that they would want to rebuild it because of one wall.