Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Baby Blue Burby is gutted!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigBurban350, Sep 6, 2003.

1. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

I drove 3 hrs Friday night to home for school work. I am taking a High Performance Machining class and I needed a block. So I pulled out the 160,000 mile old 350 outta my 90' Burban. She still had enough power to tow the rig down the highway, but it runs on oil (I think its the rings cause the exhaust ports wernt built up with oil gunk). It took me 4 hrs. I was in a repair shop w/ a houst /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, I use to work there, thank God! It would have taken me 3 hrs but I was running around stuck in traffic trying to get a cherry picker, and find somebody with a power steering pump pully puller(say that 5 times fast).

I get to jet wash, bake, magnaflux, and blue print the whole block for the project /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. For free! Well, had to pay for the class...

A 383 sounds like a nice idea for the engine, since this truck will be mainly for towing. I am thinking vortec heads, air gap intake, mild cam, 3.75 crank, that summit racing high flow TBI, and headers. Maybe a noisy gear drive mixed with a hood scoop.

2. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

If I were you I'd rethink the noisy gear drive. I have heard that it can set off the knock sensor on a FI engine.

3. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

4. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

204/214 cam is the best ever man /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yep it will found that out the hard way It will make the truck run way rich goes the knock sensor is telling the computer the truck is running lean so it retards the timing and gives it more fuel to "fix" the problem /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif