Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Baby's growin' up

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by txfiremank5, Apr 16, 2006.

1. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Happy early Birthday to my soon to be 4 year old. We had the party for her today, but officialy it's the 17th. Kicked things off with a tea party for the girls, and the regular b-day party to follow.

The 2 up front (lft & rt, in wavey hats) are my daughters, oldest on the left, and the b-day girls on the right. Tea party's are not exactly my .. cup-o-tea, pun intended, but they had fun. :thumb:

[​IMG]

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

wheres the dang jealous icon! cuties. I can't wait to have kids. I'm going to be an uncle in november. I'm really looking forward to that too. Cute picture, looks like fun

3. txfiremank5

Kids are great.. nothing can really compare. Trust me, you'll love it. The oldest is very girly, and so is the little one.. but the little one also likes to help me work on my trucks. Right now she has jobs like: pull the trigger on the impact.. and if I don't let her do it each and every time.. she get's the ass! LOL She's pretty rough and tumble, and very stubborn. She's also the mouth if other kids try to pick on them at a playground or something. LOL I have a feeling she's going to be a handful. And even better, she loves the K5 :thumb: but she likes to call it the pirate ship sometimes.. for some reason she loves pirates. So, she and I decided that when we're in the K5, we're pirates. ;) :p:

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

this was how I read this the first time...:doah: Any way cute kids dood and glad they had fun , are there any of those cookies left???:D :wink1:

5. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Cute little girls. The things that daddy's do to make them happy:D .
    Good for the soul.

6. txfiremank5

Yes, loooooooootttttzzzz of cookies left, that and more. Too many sweets hanging around.. then with Easter today.. :doah:

My house looks like a drug den for diabetics. :D

Yes, this daddy is always ready to make his little wemens happy. The funny thing is, I always wanted a boy before my kids were born, .. but after having girls, I'm glad they were girls. I think they make me a better person, ... can't really explain it.. maybe I see things from a better perspective now.

And they are great for cuddling with while watching a movie !!! :thumb: :D

I should post up a cookie give-away in that section of the forums.. LOL.

7. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

best be getting out the gun polish once they hit around 16ish. They're gonna be heartbreakers. :wink1:

Cute kids man. I dont have any of my own, but I have a nephew that I would do anything for.

8. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

cool dude. I feel the same way as Branndon, can't wait till I have one. wish her a HB from us.

9. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Beautiful kids, congrats. :waytogo:

I doubt you'll have problems with boys after demonstrating fire safety on a mock-up. :D

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

ok, enough of the crap. you're turning all of the CK5 tough guys into softies. whats gonna happen when someone from another board sees this? they're gonna think we're a bunch of freakin pansies.

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i cant wait til i have kids either. make sure to wish her a happy birthday from all of us.

12. txfiremank5

Will do, fellers! And thanks!

Yeah, I sort of dread the impending teen years, to a degree. But, I'm hopeful that if I teach them enough self respect, that they will at the very least not put themselves into situations where they could be taken advantage of etc.

And if I just don't like some of the boys they date, I've always got plenty of land to dig the holes on. :thumb:

13. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

and whose hat is that in the empty chair?

BUSTED!:haha:

14. txfiremank5

LOL .. oh no ... not mine. We had two girls that came late, so my wife had their hats in the chairs for when they showed. :p:

I was takin' pictures, and running the cam on the tri-pod in the background .. but I will admitt to stealing one doughnut :rolleyes:

But they've roped me into little "play" tea partys before. What's a dad to do? ... :o

15. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's the sweetest picture!!! :D :D :D :D :D

16. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

That is great. I cant wait. My Daughter is not quit 15 months old yet so I got a while until the tea parties. I really do enjoy being the father of a girl. She has a way of making Me turn into a softy and doing goofy stuff like singing to Her. It make Her smile and thats all that matters to Me

17. txfiremank5

I hear ya, bro .. I hear ya X2. I wanted a boy at first cause I figured I knew what boys liked to do, and I could relate more etc..

But when they handed me my baby girl, and I looked at that little face.. my heart melted. I've been on cloud nine ever since. I would have loved to have one of each .. but I wouldn't trade my little one for nothin'. ;)

Like I told my wife.. I'll always have plenty of dance partners.

18. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Our little girl, Elora, of the twins is all girl and pink and lace and Barbie (that last one drives Jenn bonkers) but she doesn't seem to get into the tea party thing yet. Prolly mostly cuz Tommy can't sit still long enough to deal with that sorta stuff.

I'm bettin one of these days she'll see a tea set at the toy store and just can't live without it and then I'll be sunk for sure.

They turn five this June and I really can't remember being so happy as I am now.

Oh and on the best be buyin a gun part, I'm gonna go get an old well used lookin shotgun and mount it on the wall above the door with a little placard underneath it that reads "CONTRACEPTIVE" so it's the last thing the young couple sees as they walk out the front door for their date.

Course the date'll be in like, 30 years or somethin if I have my way.:haha:

19. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

My youngest (I've got 2 girls) turned 3 on the 2nd. Like Jeff Foxworthy (or maybe it was Bill Ingvall) said- "there were naked Barbies everywhere."

Both my girls liked to play pirate, my older one's "ship" was the back of the Jimmy, the little one uses the trailer.

Nice looking kids:waytogo:

20. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

My daughter is 6 mos. old and I can't wait either. I don't want to rush through this time now, but I do look forward to when she gets a little older. I can't wait to get home every day and see her. As soon as I walk in she starts smiling and kicking her legs. Man little girls are just awesome.