Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Battery Upgrade...so far

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TrcksR4ME, Oct 23, 2002.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

http://community.webshots.com/user/trcksr4me

Well I had to get a new battery for 'ole Stumpy, so I ended up buying one of those Pro-Comp Off-Road Deep Cycles. Also decided to replace the battery tray, battery cables, and add a remote starter soleniod.

What started out as an easy replacement has gone like this:

Battery, $175
    Cables & misc parts: $65
    Summit Racing Remote Starter Solenoid: $32
    Battery Tray/brace: $55

All prices including tax and shipping, etc

I have not completely finished, but I have most of it done, have to clean up some wiring still. I have posted some pics on my new webshots, hopefully it works /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

http://community.webshots.com/user/trcksr4me

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I had the same experience............my 6 year old Die Hard finally quit............ended up buying the dual battery setup from WranglerNW, two Optimas and $400 later I 'replaced my battery'. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

my alternator cant take my dual battery setup. i have close to 2000 amps of battery to charge up. even when im just chargin my die hard platinum battery it struggles. i think im gonna hafta upgrade alternators.

NITRO

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Yeah, good point. I also have a 135 amp WranglerNW direct charge alternator taking care of that issue............ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

That will probably be next, a better alt. Seems like I just keep throwing money at that truck /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif And its always things like parts that you don't really notice you have upgraded in your everyday driving...

6. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

That Summit Racing Remote Starter Solenoid looks like something you could get at a local parts house. Was there a part number on the solenoid?

Good work on the battery hold down. Don't want the batter to end up on the fan.

7. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Probably is something you can get at a Parts Store. The Summit kit is nice because it is a kit that comes with all the parts needed to install including wiring and connectors, nuts, bolts, and instructions. And the price is 24.95 + handling of 7.95 an order but gee shipping is "free". /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Didn't have time to mess around, so this worked out well /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif