Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Beast is dead

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mybeast, Nov 8, 2000.

1. mybeast

mybeast Registered Member

Well the old girl is final dead. The SB400 is fouling plugs once every couple of weeks, shes blowing blue smoke, and she just doesn't getup and go like she use to. I had an engine builder all lined up, but I found out the guy is a flake. So know the search is on for a good builder who is willing to warranty his work. Living in California the only way to get a high hp,high torque motor and pass smog is to have one custom built. A good GM crate motor won't pass smog.

When all else fails MASH the skinny pedal!

2. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Good luck with the rebuild. At least you have a 400, I looked for one for quite a while before I went with a 350. Got a deal I couldn't pass up. $100 for 4bolt block from oil pan to valve covers minus the intake,distributor, and water pump. Never had been rebuilt.

Cruisin in my '73.

3. mybeast

mybeast Registered Member

I don't know if i'm going to but the 400 back in. I won't know if the block is cracked untill i pull the motor. I don't think so though. It never ran hotter then you would expect from a 400. I'm just not sold on the idea of boring out a 400, and i'm not sure if the guy before me rebuilt the motor. He wasn't exactly the most honest RICHARD HEAD to bad I didn't find that out till after i bought the girl. ( no offense to you guys out there named Richard.)

When all else fails MASH the skinny pedal!