Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Blazer broke today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thunder, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Jumped in the k5 to go to work this AM. Turned the key and nothing. Engine would not turn over. So i figgured it must be divine intervention warning me not to go to work. So I ran into the house and called in sick as fast as I could. Beings I was sick and possibly near death. I knew the only thing that would make me feel better was a cold Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. So I cracked a cold one and went out to check on my k5. I gotta admit Old Spots (my K5) has been a dependable truck she has always got me home. I thought she was mighty conciderate to break down in the car hole next to the wood burner stove.
    I poped the hood . I knew the problem couldn't be the high quality Wal mart Ever-start battery. It was brand new I just turned my old one in for a free replacement. With a name like Ever Start I reallty should not have a care in the world. So I put a meeter on it and it said the 16 year old starter was the problem . Well that let wal mart off the hook. They have been giving me free batterys for 10 years now.
    Pulled the starter and hoped someone would come home to give me a ride to the parts store. My Mustang was all torn apart to do a cooling system up grade. The stock system wasn't up to the task of keeping the engine cool with all the new mods. Looked at the pile of new parts=aluiminiun radiator, Chrome high flow water pump, Electric fan, aluiminiun coolant bottle, UD pullys ECT. And thought Sh** the mustang aint going anywhere for a while. The wife was at work and the kids were off doing whatever it is kids do on Christmas Break. All frendz were working. No ride in sight.
    So I threw the starter in a back pack cuz i needed to turn it in for a core charge and hoofed it to the parts store.
    Got to the parts store and pulled out the starter. Bob, the old codger behind the counter looked at it and said Good thing your tranny didn't blow. you would have had a hell of a time stuffing it in your back pac".:doah:
    He got me the starter and gave me a discount cuz he said could hear my dogs barking.:D
    Got back home and figgured after all that exercize I needed another beer.
    So with a bottle full of courage, the starter just flew right in the hole and Spots was running like new in no time
    Of course that called for another beer or 4 in celebration.
    After having a few beers I was feeling pretty good and thought about washing my truck. I immeadiatly went back in the house and sat down and drank beer till the thought passed thru my head.. Whew!........ That was a close one! I decided to make a big ol pot of Chilli /Cornbread and have a few more beers instead.
    My wife came home and was pretty happy I cooked dinner and cleaned up the kitchen a little. She was also packing a 6er of Fosters and a bottle of wine. I love that woman! She is always a welcome sight for sore eyes. The kids finally came home and They were glad I made chilli. We had a good family dinner that couldn't be beat
    And now I am sitting here rambling on.........................
    All and all its been a great day. It aint over yet.
    Mrs Thunder says she wants to go to bed early:wink1:

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Just make sure YOUR starter's working. :D

3. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

What the hell you doin here still? go hunting!

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Wow. That was quite the story!!!!

How many beers did you say you had today?:whistle: