Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Blazer doesn't like me!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by swilson, May 28, 2003.

1. swilson

swilson Registered Member

My Blazer doesn\'t like me!

I've been trying to rebuild my '74. Every time I get something done on her something else breaks. Now SHE'S TRYING TO HURT ME!!!!!

Started out simple, put a rebuilt 350 in her then the carb went out. While getting the carb I picked up a new radiator cap. After putting it on, the radiator split a seam. Put in a new radiator, found the rebuilt quadra-piece was sucking air. Fixed the airleak, but the wrench slid down the hood and cracked my windshield. These are bad enough but now it's getting painful.

Decided to swap out the tailgate with a pickup tailgate. Got the old one off, set the new one in place to check the fit and SHE PUSHED IT OFF THE BUMPER ONTO MY FOOT! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Broke my foot, been hobbling around for days. Decided to fix the rusted out rockers. SHE SPIT A PIECE OF METAL PAST MY SAFETY GLASSES AND IT STUCK INTO MY EYE! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Had to go to the Doc to have him get it out. Today I was cutting out the passenger side rusted floorboard. Was watching the floorboard and the sawzall pretty close because of the recent past....SHE FOLDED UP A PIECE OF THE CUTOUT FLOOR AND STABBED ME IN THE HAND! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Luckily my '99 GMC loves me and drove me to the Doc again where I got stitched up. Tommorrow I was gonna try to weld in the new floor and the rockers. Now I don't know. Should I try to bribe her first with something like new fluids or just call for an exorcist??? I'm not accident prone...SHE'S OUT TO GET ME /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Was calling her THE MULE /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif...think i'll change it to <font color="red">CHRISTINE </font> /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Re: My Blazer doesn\'t like me!

<font color="green"> Sounds like a Christine to me! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif You need to learn how to talk to her, a freind of mine had a Cougar that was the same way until he started talking dirty to it. He named it Angie after that, after an ex-girlfreind that liked the same kind of talk. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Just figure out what she wants from you, then you'll get along just fine. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font>

3. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

guys dont talk to their trucks like they are girls cause it helps anything...they do it cause the truck doesnt put out and garage gets lonely

4. MousePowrd

MousePowrd 1/2 ton status

Wow. You better treat that truck to all synthetic fluids, premium fuel, a paint job, and shampoo the interior before it kicks a jack out one when you are under it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    wrench slid down the hood and cracked my windshield

[/ QUOTE ]
    Did you forget there was a wrench on the hood when you opened it??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Anyway that sucks and if I lived closer to Amarillo, I'd buy you a beer... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Your name isn't "Tim Taylor" is it? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Hehehe Yeah my 75 put a few new scars on me when I put it back together and replaced the floors. Got me again Monday when I pinned the doors.

There is a saying. It aint yours till you bleed on it.

8. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

mine been nicknamed christine as well, anytime a girl got in it would stall and all power was lost /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. Hasn't done it scince I smashed it up and rebuilt it last summer though.

9. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

If I'm laughing it's not at you, it's with you. I seem to contantly have skinned knuckles &amp; bruises from working on my truck (and being a girl that just looks kinda weird). I sprained my hand last winter with the air ratchet, changing the PS pump too. At one point, I beat the pee out of a tire with a hammer &amp; then with my foot. I think that scared it cuz it's behaved slightly better since then /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Glad your still alive. Talk to it be it dirty, cussing, or sweet but they all seem to like being talked to.

Don't feel bad everytime I drag home a blazer and my husband wants to drive it she will always act up on him. We took my 83 over to a friends to get her fitted for the new rear bumper and he drove it kind of hard and when we got there she split a heater hose. Then we were taking off and she started smoking bad so he pulled over and got out to look under the hood and she stopped. I swear some days the trucks he really tries to like just don't give back to him. This one and my 70 Camaro are both possesed by females, the camaro is the worst of the 2, it wants to be the only v8 in the driveway.

11. swampblazer

swampblazer Registered Member

now that you mention it my truck beat the piss out of me the other day. i was putting one of my interior side panels back on and the screwdriver slipped and stabbed the webbing between my thumb and my pointer finger. it went all the way though. and i sliced my wrist open cutting oneof my rockers off!
    peace - luke

12. swilson

swilson Registered Member

Well I talked real sweet to her today and told her I was gonna redo the interior next if she was nice to me. Then I proceeded to cuss the ole nag out and threatened to replace her with a 'heep' if she hurt me anymore.

Welded in new inner and outer drivers side rocker panels without a problem. Don't know which speech worked but no injuries today /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Will do the passenger side tommorrow.

Wish me luck. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My Blazer doesn't like me!

[/ QUOTE ]

thats ok... neither do we....

ok, im kidding....

i know how ya feel man. i have about a million and a half scars on my body from my 74. but i keep giving him something to think about... like a diet. yeah, he lost a lot of weight because of me and has treated me a bit better. then i gave him a bit more muscle... and he hurts me more.

just keep pushing on with her man.
    Grant

14. tmaxxer9

tmaxxer9 1/2 ton status

mine either. i got four stitches in my right [naughty word] you finger fromn it. now i can't bend my finger. i mean come on man how am suppose to pleasure myself. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif cuz after all i am right handed. unless someone out there is willing to be my right hand man. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

15. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

good post man :-)
    well glad to here ya made it out alive
    and i agee they do like to be talked 2 they definenty have a spirt 2 em

16. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i know how that feels i dropped a tailgate on my foot doing the same type of thing..it was around midnight to...lets just say i probobly woke the whole street up!

17. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    There is a saying. It aint yours till you bleed on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green">Classic and so true!!!!! </font>