Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My blazer got a make over!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by keith, Apr 8, 2000.

1. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Just got my blazer back after 5 long weeks in the shop!! I had a complete drivetrain redue. 4:56 gears, lockers,warn chrome-moly axles,prem. hubs, ORD shackle flip/front shackles/greasable bushings, tuff country 6", B&M megashifter, rebuilt 205,rebuilt the Th350, topped off with 35/12.50/15 Goodyear MT/R's on AR 767's. It looked great if I say so my self. Will post some pictures soon!

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Post deleted by Chaz88K5

3. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Actually the shop is my friends and I did alot of the work myself. We worked very hard together to get it done right the first time.yes I don't trust my blazer to just anybody

4. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Keith its no biggy. I didnt do all the work on mine either. I don't know how to do paint and body work or the welding. I do not know upholstery or have the shop for it. I haven't a clue on doing gears and lockers and what I have read they don't reccomened doing it in your driveway either. So what I don't know or wanted to practice on my K5 with something new. and mine looks the way it does because I had judgement to goto the pro's when I felt I couldn't do it

http://79blueknight.homepage.com