Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my blazer is dead

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stiches, Dec 23, 2005.

1. stiches

stiches Registered Member

been having a problem with my blazer for the last week i say...the heatercore went out so i bypassed it and went straight to the manifold...thinking there will be no problem...I have been running hot and everytime i let it cool down and open the rad cap it was empty...i am broke so i couldnt go out and buy a new cap and stop leak for it so i just kept filling it up. yesterday i had to go to the hospital in stockton about 20 or 30 mins away. I was borderlineing it but i had to go....on my way back i filled it up with a gallon of water...bout half way

I made it to the worst part of town and it was running really hot so i pulled off the freeway and parked well before i parked it died on me i waited about an hour and checked the fludi it was bone dry...except for the rust...filled it up now it feels like its not having compression and i checked for the typical head gasket symptons water in oil...there is none...soo it looks like i wont be on here anymore cause for one my blazer is in the ghetto...and two i have no money to fix it or even get it towed

2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that man.

3. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

Not a good deal.... No friends around to help you dead stick it home with a tow strap? I have pulled a non-running 'burb for 50 miles or so because I had to once. If its still there go get it and the CK5 community may be able to help you sort it out, it may not be that bad.

I bought a flat fender jeep for $100 because it had an 11 slat military grill in it. The body was trashed and the frame was sway backed like an E-type Jag but the grill was good and it ran. When I got it home I took the head off of it to get a look inside the motor to see if it had ever been rebuilt and I found a true tin soup can driven over one of the pistons as makeshift rings. Just because someting is FUBAR'ed doesn't mean we can't make it work. I tell you this in hopes of giving you the motivation not to abandon four-wheeling and to go get your property if nothing else. As for the soup can motor... "if it works its not wrong" I never rebuilt it and it now serves as a pump engine for a water well and doesn't burn as much oil as the SBC in my K5.

4. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

dang man that sucks, maybe you can get it back going later down the road maybe no body with bother it in the ghetto GOOD LUCK with it.....

5. stiches

in order for me to get it back to a safe place it would be a miracle...

i'm not giving up on wheeling...just tired of always breaking cars...almost every single car i own ends up with a blown head gasket...EVERYONE...why what am i doing wrong?

6. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

Go get the truck and we will figure it out.... somebody on here should be in your area that could help you recover your truck..... so for those of you in CA look at his location and help the man get his truck to a secure location

Sincerely,

SPC Alex Estep

7. 88-383

88-383 1/2 ton status

Dayum dude this really sucks. I live in Tracy but my truck is still down for complete driveline/engine rebuild. If it weren't for that I'd help you out in a heartbeat.

But on anoter note, I'm pretty handy with a wrench and have plenty of old take off parts left over from my restoration. I might even be able to donate a longblock with 140K on it, but running well.

Shoot me an email after you get things back in control if need a hand.

Kelvin

8. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I wish I was closer to you, I'd love to come help you recover your rig. I've got a flatbed trailer and everything...

However, Canada to California is a bit of a drive, lol

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you get back on the road. I've got a couple SBC parts lying around you can have for the cost of shipping (q-jet carb, 350 camshaft with lifters, chrome valvecovers, etc)

9. stiches

update

went to the car...tried starting it just turns over doesent fire up...took out the spark plugs . it was full of gas so i emptied all the cyns. tried starting it..fudge around with the timing still nothing...took off the carb and the intake is full of gas...like too full...my machainc said that there is something wrong with the carb...any ideas so far

sierra classic- would you be able to find out how much the q-jet carb and the chrome valvecovers...would be to ship to Lodi ca and or/american canyon CA?

to the rest of the board...I am determined to get my ride back on the road...i hate not having it. I thank you for the support of everyone

10. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Wish i could help, but im going away the 26th until the 3rd or so. I'll be driving from teh bay area to Davis on the 2nd or 3rd, so let me know if by chance you still need me to drag it out of the ghetto for you. I'd definitlely stop to help you. I've just got the 94 k1500 blazer, but if its just dragging it, it will definiltely be up to the task....(slipping trans and all :D).

Anyways, hope you get it figured out, and merry christmas! Shoot me a pm if u think i could be of help!

11. SchnorrCS

SchnorrCS 1/2 ton status

I have an intake manifold and factory q-jet laying around that I took off my 74 i'd let go. The q-jet needs a rebuild, but I could do that for you if you buy the rebuild kit. I'd let it go as is for 100 bux. 150 if you want it rebuilt. Let me know.

12. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Stiches -- I'll get you a shipping quote after I get home. I'm on the road at the moment visiting family. I'd guess it'll be in the 30 dollar range or so.

13. stiches

sierra- e-mail me when you get back Ryancampbell3@aol.com... do you know if its still good or does it need to be rebuilt?

schnorr- what kind of intake manifold

14. SchnorrCS

SchnorrCS 1/2 ton status

It's a factory 4 barrel quadrajet manifold. Made out of cast iron. Don't make em like that anymore.

15. neubanksc5

neubanksc5 1/2 ton status

well, i'm from vacaville. so not too far away. however, im in FL at the moment visiting family. I've got an edelbrock 600 sitting in my garage. used it for a couple months, then tore the motor out of the truck for a rebuild, and well, its still needing a rebuild. but if ya need the carb, i can make you a good deal. ill be back in town on the 2nd. so if you still need it then, let me know. and for any other future emergencies you might have, hit me up. more than glad to help out when i can

16. stiches

a small update....I am getting rid of my blazer. there is something wrong with the fuel lines, the carb, and the intake. It will cost me too much on an already small budget. so I am selling it back to the orignal owner. and plus it will cost me too much to keep gas in it. I am sorry though. it runs right now but i don't know for how long and i need a reliable car to get me from work and back and not break down every week

17. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

sorry to hear that buddy i had a k5 at one point i could not beat on it and depend on it to get me to work to make dough for anything so i sold it , here i am now about a 7 months later and i bought another rig better than the one before and i have done so much to it to be proud of just bc you can't afford it now doesn't mean you can't come back to it later good luck with all and keep checking the for sale section you never know what you will find . keep in touch