Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My blazer is killing me

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by win717, Jan 23, 2004.

1. win717

win717 Registered Member

I was driving down the road and i went to down shift..but the clutch pedal was on the floor,i pulled over turned it off put it in first and started it up so i could drive it farther off the road..it made a metal on metal sound but drove good enough to get it far enough off the road /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif..any Ides what happened?

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Sounds like it is time to replace the clutch....

3. win717

win717 Registered Member

Well i wrote the other day that out of the blue it didn't want to down shirt..i thought the sycn.were bad do you think the clutch/pressure plate could have been trying to warn me? sorry but i'm not a 4 spd kinda guy..i don't know much bout them

4. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

welcome to my world! last year I had my drive shaft rebuilt, new bearings and seals in the rear end, and new fly wheel; all of these eqaulled $1000. now in the past month, I've had new regulator cable for the back window, new blower motor so I could have heat, and just put a new water pump on. this is what my mechanic does to me everytime I come by /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hopefully, it'll get where I can work on a new paint job in the next months and new wheels and tires!

5. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Sounds like it's in the linkage before the clutch unless you have absolutely no clutch left.

6. win717

win717 Registered Member

Well my girlfriend was behind me and she said she saw sparks like i said when i drove it father to the side of the rode i could hear metal on metal sound,it was dark but didn't see anything hanging down

7. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Could the throw out bearing have died on ya?

8. win717

win717 Registered Member

and i was having problems with down shifting