Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My blazer was robbed!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mrk5, Feb 8, 2005.

1. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Last night the blazer got broke into. They stole a lot from the interior:
    • Front seats!:confused:
    • All my aftermarket guages
    • Subs
    • Pretty much all the tools I own
    • Tow strap (the one so many of us got for $20)
    • Handyman jack
    • Registration/insurance cards
    They didn't steal the stereo, just trashed it trying to get it out of the dash.
    And they left my $500 snowboard.:confused:

It was locked up in our storage yard at our business, and they just cut a hole in the fence. A new location that we just moved into 2 weeks ago after building a new shop. Welcome to the neighborhood, I guess.

Unfortunately the lock doesn't work on my window crank for the rear window. It looks like they just rolled it down and helped themselves. Gonna get that fixed now.:doah:

I'm really concerned about what they might do with the registration and insurance stuff.

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Damn dude thats crappy, nothing like that feeling huh? feels like you got kicked in the nuts,

hope you find the bastards:mad:

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Call your insurance company and maybe you can change account numbers or something . You can also go to the DMV and void your plate and get another , or get personalized plates , if its anything like here . This would make your old registration null and void . Sorry about your luck , theives suck ^%&(( :mad:

I can at least send you an old Blazer mechanical oil pressure gauge that fits in the factory location and hooks up with a hose kit , and I have a black non a/c dash bezel , I would send for just shipping charge only if you want them :grin:

4. mrk5

Thanks for the offers.:laugh:

It's one of those things that I still can't belive it happened. I've gotta figure out what I'm going to do. My original plan was to get a speedo & fuel gage matching the ones I had and do a custom dash. I was going to get PRP seats eventually, now do I get cheap seats to get by now, or do wait a little and get the PRP seats. Now I just don't know. Probably going to have to use the money I've been putting aside for tires to restore the blazer.:mad:

The thing that's weird is they took the registration card, but not the plates. I don't have personalized plates, but Colorado has special plates you can get as an honorably discharged veteran; that's what I have. Thought it was fitting since not only did I serve, but my blazer was actually served to.:)

5. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

damn that sucks, I would get a club or somethin man serious. They got a different one the steps on your brakes so people can't steal it(people were cutting the steering wheel) I can get into my k5 with a pair of pliers when its all locked up and now my ignition turns over without a key ever since i had an alarm shop kill my alarm because i lost the beeper.:deal: :yikes: :doah: :what: :confused: .

Since we have wing windows anybody can just grab the nob that sticks out on the wing window with some pliers, turn it until it unlocks the wing window then stick their arm with the pliers into the cab and unlock the door. I think my ignition does that because of the alarm but anybody who steals your stuff out of your blazer is gonna know how to hotwire it.

6. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

That sucks Scott.:(

I have some extra seats (stock and the cheapie plastic racing buckets) and some other random parts, let me know if I can help.

I also have an extra gun and a comfy chair you can borrow, if you want to stake out the lot.;)

7. mrk5

Thanks Dave. :)
    I think that's what my father-in-law wants to do. He's pretty pissed someone broke into our new shop, and cut the fence that he and I labored over this weekend.

8. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Scott, your right up here by me if I remember correctly. Dogmont is famous for break-ins.

Sounds like they looked at it ahead of time and came back later. That's the one thing I'm always concerned about since the last break-in of our car.

What part of the city was it parked in, or was it out of town?

9. mrk5

I'm actually further north. The blazer was at our shop south of Greeley in Evans.

I think they did case it out and came back.

10. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I think I've got some good spare stock gauges if you need them. I used to have a good spare bench seat but it's gone now. If you need other parts let me know and I'll try to help.

Jim.

11. LucasJ03

LucasJ03 1/2 ton status

I have a gauge cluster out of a 87 and I think they all work. You can just come pick them up. I'm in Ft. Collins. Let me know if you want them.

Lucas
    970-481-2464
    lucasj3@comcast.net

12. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Sorry to hear about that Scott. If you have any pictures of the seat etc., post them up so we can keep an eye out for them. To much stuff is getting ripped off on the front range and someone needs a good ass kicking for sure.

I know if I drive the K5 down to see you guys this summer I'm gonna keep a good eye on it every second. Besides the alarm, I can't lock my truck up with the soft top so I lock everything down in it. I'd love to catch the A-holes that ripped off my van in Westminister and took all our tools.:mad:

13. mrk5

Thanks for the offer LucasJ03. I let you know if I need them.

Well, my new plan is to lock everything down just like I had no top on the Blazer. I might also add window tinting so it's not so obvious what's in the truck.

14. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Hey man sorry to hear about your blazer. That really sucks man. It sucks that there are ***holes in this world who would steal instead of workin for the things they want/need. The thing that reasures me is that there are good people in the world, like the members here, that will do anything to help a person out. You guys keep it up.

15. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Good plan :waytogo: I'm going to get one of those under body truck boxes and bolt it down behind my rear seat...b/c I actully DO take my top off for the summer (doors too :crazy: ) I have basically just been extremely lucky so far no one has ripped anything off, I've parked in mall parking lots, basically with none of my stuff locked down, and everything was there when I got back :dunno: I'm threw gambling though.

16. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

:laugh: prepare to get slapped around railn uone...

17. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

You know, you may want to bounce around this board a little and get the tone of this place, it is somewhat family oriented. Also, considering how important the "nose candy" appears to be to you in your profile (and username for that matter) you may not want to "blow" (sorry for the pun) the $25 membership fee, as you will get banned for posting crap like that.

If you want great info and help on Chevy and off-road related matters and meet some great people this is the place for you, and you're welcome.

If you just want to talk sh*t, you may want to look for another board.

18. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Your One And Only Warning

As far as I can tell......you are moments away from getting front a row ticket to "The Band".....

Read the forum rules carefully before posting again....that type of crap doesn't play well on CK5.

19. mrk5

Especially now with your high tech cockpit! :wink1: :D

20. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Hey Scott, that really sucks. How much $$$ worth of things do you think they stole? How the heck did they still the seats, and why:confused:
    Hopefully you can get your stuff back, that sucks:(