Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MY Blazer was stolen friday night...

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Logan_M, Sep 30, 2001.

1. Logan_M

Logan_M Newbie

I own(ed) a '72 Blazer 4x4 and live near Tacoma, WA. My blazer was stolen friday night while I was at work in South Hill (Puyallup). My insurance won't cover it because it was "too old" to get comprehensive coverage on without an appraisal. It was pretty much a beater but I had plans for it, but now it's gone. If any of you live in the area and see someone selling parts from an orange blazer with a white single wall top, please post a reply here. I'm sure it's been stripped or beat to hell on a trail someplace by now though. I only posted a few times, but I read the boards regularly so I'm pretty much just saying goodbye to you all even though we never talked. I don't have the money to get another blazer so for now I'll just use my parent's car and probably buy a newer vehicle later on down the road. Good luck to all of you on your trucks and blazers, and I hope this doesn't happen to ANY of you.

2. ErikH

ErikH 1/2 ton status

Real sorry to it hear your story. I'd hate to think if someone stole mine.

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Ditto ErikH on being sorry about that. I hope the cops catch the jerks who did this and put 'em in jail a long time. Hopefully, the cops'll find your Blazer in one piece too.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

do you have any pics of it i am in the portland area and will keep an eye out for it also post this in the main 4x4 section (73-91) there are quite a few people in washington and oregon there that could also keep an eye out for it anyway hope you get it back

wheeling videoshttp://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'm in Oregon and will keep my eys and ears peeled for any orange blazers, or any gen one for that matter( quick rattle can can make it any color by now) My friend lives in Milton,Wa by Federal Way, I'll email this to her and have her be on the look out too.

<font color=red>Defeat is not being knocked down, it's not getting back up</font color=red> <font color=black>Stand Strong, Stand United</font color=black>
    <font color=orange> 1955 Willy's</font color=orange>

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I'll be on the look out.....

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

7. 90BlazerK5

90BlazerK5 Registered Member

Dude, that sucks. I live in Northwest Tacoma, so I'll keep my eyes open too. I had a black '89 stolen from me back in '99.. man that hurt. Loved em so much though that after a short stint with a Z71, I traded it in on another K5! Hopefully they find yours though, and in one piece. Good luck

Where did all these damned dirty apes come from!?!

8. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

That sucks big time dude!!! I live up in Kenmore, So I'll keep my eyes peeled!!!

[​IMG]Inline 6's are cool[​IMG]

9. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

HEY! Im so sorry. I live in Milton right up the way from Puyallup. I would really like to see some pics of your truck as well. I will definatly keep and eye out for it. If you would rather email them to me your welcome to do that. MandyDyer55@Hotmail.com. It would help if I could see it.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by ChevyHuny on 09/30/01 11:13 PM.</FONT></P>

10. tmanofcali

tmanofcali 1/2 ton status

Logan, sorry to hear about your loss. i know i always worry about mine also. sorry to see that you are leaving us.........but youll be back.......they always come back sooner or later

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/tmanofcali1>http://community.webshots.com/user/tmanofcali1</a>

11. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

What's your email addy... I wanna post this on Steph's Webpage
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    &lt;&gt;&lt; PSALMS 23 &gt;&lt;&gt;

12. Logan_M

Logan_M Newbie

The License plate is 669 MT0, I have no pics of it developed, getting em done tomorrow but I have no scanner. I is basically a bone stock faded orange with white single wall top. it's only got one mirror on the driver's side and no wipers on it, no grill either. Thanks for the concern guys, and hopefully someday I'll have the time and money to get another one.

13. Routney

Routney Newbie

Do you have anything unique we can watch for? I live northeast of Seattle and can watch for it up here. I drive an orange one, so I do tend to spot them pretty quick.

14. 72B

72B Registered Member

I live in Des Moines, give me a better discription and partial license # and I'll keep an eye open. ps want me to shoot'm if i see'm

15. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Keep us posted and let me know if you need the pics posted to Webshots, I will do that for you if you want. I live in Gresham, Oregon (just east of Portland) and will pass the word around here.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

16. c13russo

c13russo Registered Member

Stolen Blazer

Logan_M
    Did you ever find your Blazer? Mine was just stolen from Seattle on Tuesday afternoon. I'll send you any info I get...sounds like some one's collecting parts maybe????
    thanks
    -Charlie
    p.s. here's a brief description of mine:
    I'll have to dig up some photos, but here are as many details as i can think of: License number 057KCZ. VIN: CKE182F176659. Its Maroon with a white top. It used to be a forestry vehicle, so the dash is still that mint green color. It has all its exterior woodgrain trim. The rear Chevy logo is black instead of woodgrain. The rear interior panels are done up in leopard print (classy, I know) And there is a hula girl on the dash. The engine is a Chevy 350 painted blue with the air conditioning mostly cut out. Its got fairy new 16.5 in tires, but is not lifted. Has no back seat, and I'm guessing it might be missing its passenger side window from the glass I found where it was parked.....anyway, thanks to everybody for looking out for me and if there is anything else you need to know, just email me: c13russo@yahoo.com
    -Thanks!!!!
    -Charlie

17. Murph

Murph Registered Member

Re: Stolen Blazer

DAMN! I am in Seattle. I am glad mine is in pieces in my garage. Makes me think of security all that much more, though! I would hate for someone to take it after all the time and effort... and $$$. I will keep a look out for both of them. Good luck, guys.

Murph

18. 72GMCJIMMY

72GMCJIMMY 1/2 ton status

I'm in northern California, and will keep my eye's open for both of the stolen Blazers.

19. Rooba

Rooba Registered Member

Isn't there a big auto trader show coming up soon in Portland. I would assume it would be possible that some of these parts could show up there. Anybody else in Portland know when this show is? Or is it in the past now?

Frankly I'd love to catch these buggers... all the thefts lately have been making me nervous about my Mtn. Mutt.

20. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Not sure of that show.......unfortunately haven't paid attention.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>