Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kylo28, Mar 25, 2004.

1. kylo28

kylo28 Registered Member

I'm new so i just wanted to post a pic of my blazer.
    It has a 4" lift and 32's for now.
    [​IMG]
    I want to get some 37's and put a 2 in. body lift. Let me know what ya think.

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Get more leaf springs put in instead of body lift, the body lift will cause a unusual looking space between the body and the frame. You can buy something to fix it, I forget what its called though. That's just my .03 cents worth. Wait till someone more experianced posts. Nice pic by the way, and welcome to CK5! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Looks like a good Blazer to start a prodject off with /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Just a bit of advice. Fill out Your profile so people know what You have (year engine tranny lift ect) also location is good for locating parts clubs and wheeling locations. With out any info it's hard for people to give out advice. Hope this helps You out and welcome to CK5 /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

hey man thats a real nice looking blazer
    good luck with it
    and rem your in the right spot for help anytime, i have found the guys here have an answer for every question
    good luck with it

5. kylo28

kylo28 Registered Member

Thanks, I think i filled out my profile right.
    I might try ORD 2.5 shackleflip and hangers. WHat do you guys think of them?

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I think i filled out my profile right.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Profile looks good. Trust Me it will help out in the end. Befor You decide on a lift check out the site for a while a get some oppions on what might work best for Your Blazer. If You do plan on buying parts from ORD and such a CK5 membership will save You a lot of money with the members discount and You get a lot more access to info on the site. My membership saved Me $15 on My last purchase /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. bigredblzr

bigredblzr 1/2 ton status

Does that Skyjacker lift have blocks in the rear? If it does I say pullem out and go to a homemade shackle flip. If 37"ish is your eventual tire goal, I suggest looking into 36x12.5x16.5 Goodyear Wrangler R/T IIs (aka Hummer biasply). They are military surplus and can usually be found for pretty cheap (I bought 4 with AT LEAST 70-80% tread for $100). I like them alot better on the road than TSLs, they are obviously cheaper than Goodyear MT/Rs or other 37"ish tire . With these tires I also suggest going to an 8lug wheel (possibly the hummer beadlocks, also extremely cheap, for being a beadlock) and upgrading to 3/4 ton axles. Just my 2cents. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    --------------------
    FOR SALE:
    -(4)-33x12.5x15 Mud Terrains on 15x10, 6lug steel wheels -$200!!!
    -(2)-33x12.5x16.5 Dunlop ATs -$20

[/ QUOTE ]
    Unless You have a membership You need to lose the for sale add or It will be brought to the attention of the Moderator's

9. bigredblzr

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    --------------------
    FOR SALE:
    -(4)-33x12.5x15 Mud Terrains on 15x10, 6lug steel wheels -$200!!!
    -(2)-33x12.5x16.5 Dunlop ATs -$20

[/ QUOTE ]
    Unless You have a membership You need to lose the for sale add or It will be brought to the attention of the Moderator's

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry didn't know. I'm too poor to get a membership, but I've been a member since before Ck5 got all anal with mebership fees. It's already fixed. Now you get to go find someone else to go tell mommy on! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Sorry didn't know. I'm too poor to get a membership, but I've been a member since before Ck5 got all anal with mebership fees. It's already fixed. Now you get to go find someone else to go tell mommy on!

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    $2 a month. Whos anal now?
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

11. bigredblzr

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Sorry didn't know. I'm too poor to get a membership, but I've been a member since before Ck5 got all anal with mebership fees. It's already fixed. Now you get to go find someone else to go tell mommy on!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I studder? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif POOR! Not anal. There's quite a difference between the two. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

12. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was $3.95/ month /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

13. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Looks like it's time for a Mod to step in......

The way I read it, Corey is just informing you of the rules. Because you have only a few posts and only registered here 6 months ago, he pointed out that selling things is reserved for members in the proper forum. What's wrong with that?

It looks like YOU should go and have a chat with your mom about manners. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

In the future, please refrain from acting like an asshat.

14. bigredblzr

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was $3.95/ month /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif even worse!

15. bigredblzr

[ QUOTE ]
    Looks like it's time for a Mod to step in......

The way I read it, Corey is just informing you of the rules. Because you have only a few posts and only registered here 6 months ago, he pointed out that selling things is reserved for members in the proper forum. What's wrong with that?

It looks like YOU should go and have a chat with your mom about manners. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

In the future, please refrain from acting like an asshat.

[/ QUOTE ]

6 months huh? By my math it is almost a year. Go figure/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif.

EDIT: On that note I guess I'll be going.... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

EDIT 2: Back to the topic, looking good so far kylo28! And sorry for the unintentional thread hijacking!

16. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    6 months huh? By my math it is almost a year. Go figure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooooooooooh, a whole year.......You'd think in that time you would have figured out the rules. Smarten up.

17. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Ya'll are just too much,,,

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

18. kylo28

kylo28 Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gifThe skyjacker is just springs no blocks. The axles are 10 bolts and have been upgraded to 30 spline, I think. I like the 37's and I dont plan on doing any major offroading any time soon. Do you think the axles will hold up? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

19. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Do you think the axles will hold up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Up to 35's with light wheeling they should. Some of us , myself included , are still running 1/2 ton gear. If you put 37's on there you may break easier. When you went 30 spline did you use used axles , or new carriers/spiders and shafts? How about a locker in the rear? You can try the 37's , but keep in mind if you get on it crossed up or stuck, something may let go. Go wheeling with others and never alone. Hope it helps /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

20. bigredblzr

[ QUOTE ]
    Do you think the axles will hold up?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep, as long as you don't beat on them too hard and they are unlocked.