Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Blazer'S name is now.....Gazer, story on why!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Aug 17, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

My Blazer\'S name is now.....Gazer, story on why!

I was asked by a guy today on wher I bought my truck, he also added that he thought it was cool that they are produceing cool trucks again, and mine is the first of them he's seen!

No joke, this guy must live under a rock! He is from Beverly Hills so I dont think he's ever seen one, or any thing like it. He is also English. Dumdest person I ever met!

This is near what I said, and he believed it, and continued to talk about it at dinner that night, we got a good laugh on this one, he's also only been here for about 6 months in the U.S.

I described my truck as a newer toyota offered only in Japan, Toyot bought rights to GM panel presses and recently began to reproduce the Blazer under the new name "Gayzer" Offered is the delux offroad package with an unfinished rollcage and missing body mount bolts. The tail lights were added for a signature touch as well as the Dodge Carvan seats which they own the right to as well. Over all one set's ya back about 25,000 after shipping.

Drivetrain...even goes choo-choo

88 corola 4 cylender, carbed for the off road advantage
    tranny, what tranny..this is raw motor, no power loss now.
    t-case, none, saves wight and no need for d-shaft.
    Axels, borrowed from the Carvan as well, however the front axel was rotaed and used as a rear in the "Gazer", gears are reverse cut and standerd 1.73's for fuel reasons

Tail lights are standered but don't work, as well as the optinal hood scoop that uses strong adhesive to mount.

You should get one! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Later at dinner every one explained I was joking but he proceeded and said "I saw it in person". /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I actually feel bad now for being such an a$$ about it /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: My Blazer\'S name is now.....Gazer, story on why!

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Dumdest person I ever met!

[/ QUOTE ]
    <font color="green"> Irony! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif </font>

5. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

There is one born every minute. I just love to fill them up with bullsh!t. Some people will belive anything. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

Look somebody wrote gullable up on the ceiling!!!

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I was asked by a guy today on wher I bought my truck, he also added that he thought it was cool that they are produceing cool trucks again, and mine is the first of them he's seen!

No joke, this guy must live under a rock! He is from Beverly Hills so I dont think he's ever seen one, or any thing like it. He is also English. Dumdest person I ever met!

[/ QUOTE ]

So to re-cap, a guy from England that has only been in the US 6 months, and probably isn't into automotive junk much, pays you a compliment on your truck, and your response is to ridicule him.

Let's hope that if you went to the UK to live that people there would be a little more 'forgiving' of your local ignorance.

[ QUOTE ]
    Dumdest person I ever met!

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally when making a statement such as this, it's considered to be much better if you know how to spell "Dumbest".../forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Rene

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I use to drive around with a Izusu grill badge on my 75 off a 88 Trooper I use to have. Boy did that get some questions.

I had a story for it. Back in the late 70's early 80 Chevy was rebadging Izusu Pups and a Chevy luv. I told peopl this was a rebadged Chevy for the Japan market.
    Hook line and sinker for most folks. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

This is why I felt bad afterwards, It wasn't he fact that he believed me, it was that after he was told it was a joke he continued to believe it, the guy is not a huge car buff, but can recite a car and driver mag almoast from memory on almoast anything.

I too am dumbest some times Rene /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

We're all 'dumbest' some days.../forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Rene