Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my blinkers sometimes blink, sometimes dont

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rootbeer, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Rootbeer

Rootbeer Registered Member

I replaced the big round blinker fuse thing because the turn signals didnt blink when I bought the truck, and they blinked for a day or so, now they might blink every now and then, but are solid on most of the time. Im wondering if I have some weird electrical issues because my windows go really slow, and my radio(pullout with an amp) has a whine that increases with the RPMs. Ack I hate bad cuistom electrical *%&*$!

Any thoughts on the turn signal thing?

-Mike-90K5

2. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

I have to say it before somebody else does...it's a moral imperative!!

Everybody, all at once now,
    "DID YOU CHECK YOUR BLINKER FLUID?" /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Nice.
    Now back to the original Q:
    did you check all the bulbs?
    remove each one, clean the contacts and better yet put some contact grease on them and put them back.
    A bad contact will do that, or a bad bulb.

4. LaxRox5

LaxRox5 Registered Member

In regards to hearing the engine whine through your stero you just need to go to radioshack, bestbuy, circuit city, etc and buy an adapter that will block out unwanted signal... they are like $15 i think

5. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Loose wiring harness in the back of the instrument cluster? That's what was wrong with mine.

John

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

That won't always cure the problem. Not to say it won't in this case, but in my dads case, per GM's troubleshooting, the only thing he hasn't done to get rid of alternator whine through the radio is to replace the alternator.

Filter, radio, and wiring have all been checked/added/replaced, and it still happens.