Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My bow blewed up

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

So I'm getting sighted in after adjusting my bow. Get the 20 yard dialed in, working on 30 yards. Last arrow, I'm drawed back, dropping the front end and it all came apart. Arrow went into the roof and about 5 feet in front of me. From the super duper high tech analysis of the aftermath, looks like my release had a material failure, resulting in the release coming apart and the resulting chaos and mayhem causing the bow string to fail. Let's just say that a hoot was had by all.

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Dude , good thing it wasn't a shot at a big buck and you had a broadhead in that bad boy. I can just see all kinds of bad things happening out in the woods with that breakage.... /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn that sucks /forums/images/icons/frown.gif i was out target shooting yesterday and the guy next to me had a aluminum arrow explode on him /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif i have never seen anything like that happen with wood and carbon yes but not aluminum /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

What do you mean, exploded an arrow? On drawback or upon hitting the target?

Do you know the hours of Blue Lake archery range?

5. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

yeah, i hear ya. last time i had a bow do that to me, it almost ruined the whole damn present! i just stick to the gift bags now, and don't even use ribbon any more at all!!

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

when he released(sp?) the arrow it just exploded right at the base of the fletching put a big gouge in hit hand /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif the hours are 8am to sunset /forums/images/icons/grin.gif let me know when you are going down to shoot ill come join you /forums/images/icons/smile.gif