Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My brother wants a Ural m/c - video

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtn. burb, Jun 16, 2005.

1. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

May 13, 2004
    Like a Wehrmacht krieg motorrad...Russian made. You know the story.

These things are cool, the sidecar wheel can be locked in and driven.

He's a WWII re-enactor, used to Civil War re-enact. You guessed it, he is not married. You can buy this bike just as in the video, less machine gun.

It's a Ural model "Gear Up". Go to the Ural download category to watch the "Gear Up OffRoad Military application movie." Ural home

It's cool, tried to link it but would not work. Sorry.
  2. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Nov 22, 2004
    looked at the local dealer about these scooters. They are either a 650 or 750 cc on some models. They are supose to be simple to work on and have a few cds with all you need to work on it yourself. They dealer here is a long haired black man that is very good on all motorcycles and lawn equiptment. The price is pretty cheap on these too. A lady at works hubby got one and in the first year the motor something happened to and no problem getting it fixed under warrenty. Quick even. If he is in to this style of scooter then they are fine and as far as i know have good customer service. If you do not know the history the russians stole the design from the germans before the war and the small company that is there now is supose to be doing good selling these. The simplicity is one of the big selling points.
    My self i am going yamaha as said before because of my employee discount. I can get alot of yamaha stuff cheaper than the dealers.