Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My brother...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

My brother is a retard... I just realised this evening...

That's all I have to say about that... There's a story to go along with it, but... well, what the heck, I'll tell part of it...

So my brother calls while I'm at work chillin' in the van... We're talking, and we're talking, and we're talking, then somehow the subject turns to money... I mention that I seriously need to start saving some money, and I think it would be a good idea to sell my Jeep and get an el cheapo beater once I pay it down about $1000 more since about 60% of my monthly net earnings goes into it between payments and gas and insurance...

So my brother asks how much I make every two weeks... I tell him, to which he replies "I make that about every week." well la-di-da, he's 30, has a family, a house, two car payments, and is in a management job... I'm 20, live at home, go to school, and my only major money obligation is my car payment...

THEN he goes on to say, and I quote, "One day you'll open your eyes and see that you need to get a better paying job. I tell you all the time to go apply at the Lowes distribution center, or even the Wal Mart one when it opens. If you ever want to get nice stuff like I have, a nice car with a nice stereo, a house, and a girlfriend (well, he has a wife, but girlfriend in my case), you need to get more money."

So I never really sat down and thought about it before, but man is my brother messed up in his head... Sure I need to get a better paying job one of these days so I can move out of my parents house and such... But that's not how it's going down. I've always been one of those people who would take a good job over a good paying job any day as long as I have enough to pay the bills and live comfortably... Which I have. When I'm ready to move out, I'll go get a second or a better paying job... Right now I have plans that would make getting a job in a warehouse not the best idea in the world, unless my parents kick me out or start making me pay to live here :) even if I did listen to my all-knowing brother, I'm still going to need to save some money before I can move out anyway... No way am I going to go out on my own with nothing in savings. I at least want enough for a deposit and a couple months rent...

That's just one reason I've come to the conclusion that my brother is a wack job... But I still love the guy, even if he thinks I'm ever going to be willing to work for my paycheck... Little America seems to have had a way with sucking the work ethic out of me, since I've been getting a paycheck the last two and a half years by doing next to nothing all day :cool1: the idea of EARNING my paycheck is like speaking Chinese in Germany...

2. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

A few more years and you will start on the making more money. Just keep on the way you are going. You sound pretty normal right now. Anther decade, old lady and kids you will think a little different too. Just hard for him to remember 10 years ago. He just sees you living off of ma and pa then him killing himself working.

3. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Just finish school and you will be making plenty.