Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my brother's dad finds step sons body. disturbing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rdn2blazer, Mar 11, 2006.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

I talked to my brother last night and he tells me about how his dad (we have different dads) found his step son, my brothers step brothers dead body in there vacation home they have had for years in Bullhead City Arizona. they were going there to suprise him. he had been staying there for a little while in there home and they had not been there in a while. when they pulled into the garage and my brothers dad opened the car door he smelled the distinct odor of decay. he is an avid hunter and was in Vietnam so he knows the odor. they say its something you never forget. he told his wife to stay in the car. he went into the house to find his step son dead. he had been dead for three weeks in 80 deg desert weather.

they left immediately and called the police. its a good thing his wife did not see her son like that, with the body in that condition. my brother said his dad said it was absolutely horrible the condition he was in. he is having a hard time dealing with what he saw. this happened just recently but I cant find any news info online about it.

I just cant imagine finding someone dead like that. that would scare you for life. I hope his dad and his wife will be ok and can deal with this tragedy.
    the odor ruined everything in the house. they had to get rid of everything in it and are selling the house that has been in the family for years.

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

thats a bummer man. i wish well for the family.

3. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

sorry to hear that i also wish the family well

4. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Sorry to hear about that Robert, that must be a hard hard thing to come into.
    Hope they will be ok. Sorry about there family house too.
    What's with all these people dieing recently. I hope it was natural causes.

5. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I'm sorry for your loss . I've had to watch a few members of my family widdle away from cancer and die and I hate have those last images of them . I'm glad you didn't have to see that . My uncle took his life many years ago when I was about 13 . His wife took all the gun's from the house before she left him but she didn't find the 22 pistol that was hidden . my cousins and i found it out in the wood's years earlier and my uncle cleaned it up and hid it . I still feel a bit guilty for finding that gun . When my aunt came home she was afraid to go into the house so she asked the 12 year old neighbor kid to see if he was in the house . He found him had went running & screaming all the way home . He had been in there for 2+ week's . I still wonder about that kid .

6. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I think I remember reading a short article on this in the Las Vegas Review Journal. Try doing an archive search on their web site, and you may find it. Sorry for the loss.

7. RubberFloorMat

RubberFloorMat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

well what did he die of?

ya you never forget that smell, no way to describe it, maybe a bit like rotten fruit punch.

8. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

You absolutely know that scent from the very first instant you detect it, its instinctive.
    Time to give thanks that "It aint me".
    Condolences RDN.

9. rdn2blazer

my brother never said and I forgot to ask. I was more shocked at the thought of the scene his dad walked into to even think about the why, how.

10. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Praying for your family bro.

11. rdn2blazer

thanks everyone for the condolences, they are greatly appreciated.

12. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Definately a difficult thing to see and worse if you know the person. The smell is bad and once you have been exposed to it you don't forget it. I have gone up to doors and don't even need to open it just call the coroner.

Sorry for the loss. Clean up and getting rid of the stuff has to be hard let alone having to sell the house. Wouldn't suprise me if it has to be painted inside to make it habitable again.

Watch your dad he may need some help dealing with it if not now maybe down the road. I would encourage him to talk to somebody about it.