Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My brothers new project

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by outlawtorn, Oct 15, 2005.

1. outlawtorn

outlawtorn 1/2 ton status

Well my buddy called me the other day and gave me a lead on a running chevy 4x4 for 200 bucks and because I dont have any room for another vehicle, i told my brother about it. We went down and looked at it that night and the kid that was selling it said the engine was toast...we tossed a battery in it and it turned over fine and it even started after some priming lol :wink1: While it was running we noticed it wasnt getting enough fuel and the timing was waaaaaay off.. other then that the engine was fine :haha:

So the next day my brother and i went back over and he bought it for 200 from the guy and we pulled it to my house. Put new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, set the timing... rebuilt the carb and she pures like a kitten :p: The body is very rough and it actually has a factory (rotted)wood plank bed :haha: .. but the drivetrain is solid 350/th400/np205 all working properply... hell the brakes are even in great shape. I cut the running boards off and trimmed up the rear fenders today but i ran out of disks so i didnt get to the front.

[​IMG]

His plans are to do a homebrew shackle flip, 52 swap in the front, run some 33's and just beat the piss out of it :D

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

hope you both realize that 52s in the front necessitates crossover. Moves the axle forward too much and flexs too well for the stock steering to work.

3. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice, wish I could have scored a project truck that cheap. I'm surprised he trusts you with his fenders after what you did to yours. :haha:

I vote for ditching the box.

4. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Must be an '80 if it has a 205 in it. Great deal. :thumb:

5. outlawtorn

outlawtorn 1/2 ton status

yessir its a 1980 :p: We have a 4x4 shop around here that sells crossover for less then 100 bucks so he's good there :wink1:

Mike for some reason i took my time on his :haha: they actually turned out halfway decent lmao...oh and about the box... were gonna tear the bottom out... and dovetail the rear... there is little metal slats still in there so he can strap a spare in there if he wants.