Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Build Thread -The Flop Pictures Are Up-

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by NateInChandler, Feb 12, 2007.

1. NateInChandler

NateInChandler 1/2 ton status

hey guys, this will be my thread for the new mods to my blazer.. heres whats happenin

-Shawns old red cage is going in, no more sheetmetal in the rear
    -The 305 (yes, it is a 305 for you who dont believe me) is gettin a better tune up, new plugs, wires, cap and rotor.
    -The transfercase is coming out and being clocked all the way up baby
    -Boatside with rockers to match the cage
    -need to weld frame at the engine crossmember, and put in the frame repair at the steering box, even though I WILL be going FULL hydro (since i have most of the parts from the monster truck days), but this is long down the road

I think thats it for now.. also need a locker for the front but that can wait til the cage is done... pictures of my progress will be posted every time i do something... wish me luck fellas

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  2. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

pictures will rock.

3. NateInChandler

worked on it some tonight, with the help of mr ryobi its now a full convertable and the cage is set in just for mockup.. boy does it look bad@$$, ive gotta leave part of the door sills in because my vin plate is on the driver side, but you bet im gonna cut all the way down to it on both sides.. the rear quarters are gonna be a thing of the past, and so is the front when i smash it up some... the rust was my biggest fear with this truck and it has come true, i can clearly stick my head through the hole on the drivers side.... hopefully the boatsiding (almost 10 inches) will get rid of the rust since we basically hafta make new floor panels anyways...
    im gonna cut the rear after i get some turn signals mounted somehow cause i still gotta drive it to scottsdale and back to work on it with shawn (yes, he is gonna help me).. hopefully ill have some pictures tomorrow if i get home before dark.. saturday night we plan on getting the cage tacked in and the rockers at least tacked in it... Nate

4. NateInChandler

well, didnt get anything done tonight, dad made me put in a new dishwasher that i bought for him since i got mad at the old one and crunched it... and it was raining, so i didnt get to work on the blazer.. shawn and i have talked some more and by sunday morning she will be boatsided, and completely naked in the rear... no more sheetmetal for me.. HAHA.. nate

5. NateInChandler

update, the cage is in its final resting place, the truck is offocially a truggy, no more gas tank (little mishap with a big hammer and a bolt that wouldnt come loose), so im picking up a fuel cell for it.. we boatsided it about 12 inches, it looks freakin awesome.. shawn should have some pictures of the progress posted up in a day or so..
    its coming along nice and is oficially 2 feet narrower than a stock blazer also from the front firewall back, looks finky but until i tear the front up its gonna hafta stay like that... lost about 400 pounds off the back also, so the shackle angle really sucks now, after i get the cell mounted full of fuel and all the parts/spare tire mounted ill see how it is and change it if need be.... Things are looking up... nate:D

6. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

well that was a fun day...

:hack: :weld: :grind: :thumb:

7. NateInChandler

thanks shawn, this thing is gonna rock guys.. Nate

8. NateInChandler

Well, ordered my new fuel cell from dans racing supply, he was trying to get me to buy the metal cased one, but i dont have the cash for that right now so i just got a standard poly 22 gallon fuel cell, im gonna build skid plated and protective shields under it so it does not get punctured since it will be sitting right over the rear u-joint on the d-shaft.. well, im off to start grinding metal and tacking in the rear part of the subframe... Nate

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

That sure as hell looks better there and not in my yard :waytogo:

Nates gonna hang with the big dogs :bow:

BTW , Nate , can you save the parts around the tailiights for me . When I get my caged truggy . I can use those to fix up the Blazer .

10. NateInChandler

uhhh, paul, they are gone already, shawny and i dumped em... they were rusted a bit anyways man.... as for hanging with the big dawgs, i doubt it, i still need to do the clocking rings, a locker up front and a few other little goodies before i can even hang with you, haha..... gonna go out and start grinding now as ive gotten side tracked over the last two hours or so... hope it doesnt rain much more as the metal is still bare... Nate

11. pauly383

Shawn dumped em . Rats . He cut one of mine off my old tailpan ( instead of taking the whole thing out of my yard like I wanted :rolleyes: ) . Then beat the truck up after using it to fix it , and selling the truck :dunno:

12. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

With MY flattops :crazy: :wink1:

13. NateInChandler

ok ok ok guys, can we all act like adults here.. first off, shawn never used that corner panel paul, im sure he will give it back if he still has it... 2nd of all if you wanted the panels you should have let me know before we started bashing things up, i told you i wasnt gonna run ANY sheetmetal on the rear of this thing... but anyways, made some more progress tonight, the subframe is in and squared up perfect... im really happy with how this is turning out and hope to have it done in a week or so when time permits... im on hold right now till i get some angle iron and my fuel cell... Nate

14. FWP

FWP CRS

Think about protecting the windshield frame Nate. That is if you want a windshield to stay there :haha:

15. NateInChandler

fred, Im hoping it get smashed a bunch the first time i take it out so i have a excuse to tube the front of this thing... haha... the windshield is toast already anyways, so after a few trips im gonna tear apart the front end and tube it out like the rear.... Nate

16. NateInChandler

not that anyone is watching this, hehe, but ive gotten some more work done tonight, the holding cell is in for the fuel cell and welded up, my eyes hurt realy bad but prolly just cause i was welding for a hour straight.. gonna take a break from it tomorrow night (haha, yeah right) maybe get the metal tied in for the boatsiding..

Needs

seats, any type of matching racing seats or two nice buckets, let me know what you have guys.. nate

17. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

I'm reading Nate, sure looks tons different from when I picked up the door. It's amazing what a little :hack: can do. Keep up the good work.

18. pauly383

Nate , its all in fun . Life that is . Relax , I used a smiley to show I was playing , so did Tj . Being serious leads to an early retirement from this life . Loving the tubes .

Lets go wheeling soon :thumb:

19. blazenwhip

blazenwhip 1/2 ton status

lol...Hey Paul, i just noticed your location, very funny.

N8, looks great man! I still want my sheet metal...for now. I bought some sliders from DPI, they're cool. Eventually, I'd like to weld them in.

Dustin

20. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

lol

paul dont own his house....

the bank does:p: