Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My butt vs. Ford Superduty

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BowtieRed, Oct 10, 2003.

1. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

Well, I was sitting in class today when my ADD kicked in and I tried to see which was really stronger. . . .my butt, or a 6.0TD. Well, we started off- 6.0TD- 575ft-lbs.
    Now, let's talk about my ass.
    I'm rounding all numbers, because even though my ADD kicked in, I didn't have a pencil or calculater.
    Let's say my hip to my knee is 18" and my hip to the tendon attaching my butt muscle to my femur is 2" (probably less). Let's say I squat 400lbs. So each butt muscle can do 200lbs. That's 300ft-lbs (18/12*200) Ok, so, if 'geared' down 9:1 I have 300ft-lbs of torque at the knee. Or, both I have 600ft-lbs with both. BUT, that's a 9:1 'gear' addition. So if 'geared' 1:1, my two ass cheeks combined would make 5,400ft-lbs or torque!! My butt muscles have a linear pull of 5,400lbs!!!! So, if two identical vehicles were set up, one with a 6.0PSD, and one with my ass, in a no slip situation, my ass wins.

In conclusion, we have found that indeed, my ass is MUCH stronger than a 6.0TD, and stronger also after a 'gear' addition of 9:1 is done. So, my ass is 9x stronger than a 6.0TD. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

well and to add to your ramblings...
    im willing to bet your ass has never been dead in a shop due to injector or controller failure? nor has it ever blown a turbo..no threads from your tighty whiteys dont count...so i say its a win win situation, maybe we can market this sort of harnessable power to manufacturers?? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. BowtieRed

and i run off bread and water!

and caffiene and sugar and potatoes and corn and tomatoes and coke and dr pepper and sprite and pizza and lettuce and bacon and cows and cheeseburgers and dead chopped up chickens and bull testicles and wait. . . not those. . .and mellow yellow and chocolate and noodles, and shrimp and cereal . . . well. . . i'm much more effiecent. . . and economical. . . .well, my parents may beg to differ. . . /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif pad /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

If I never have to think about your ass again, it will be too soon. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif You should hook up with muddysub, sounds like you two would get along great! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. BowtieRed

the more i think about it. . . I HATE EXHAUST WORK AND NO WELDER! this might also have to serve as my outburst thread . . .

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah that does suck thats why I love having a dad that does projects all the time. 3 welders on hand /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hm. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Yeah, but I'd much rather sniff the gas out of a Superduty than the ga /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifs out of your ass.

10. BowtieRed

everyone likes their own blend. . . /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif