Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my carb!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tecton, Mar 6, 2003.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

ok...choke is unplugged, k&n filter...edlebrock 600 carb

its not idling, unles you punch it or let it sit it wont idle...so i made appt to have i adjusted tomorrow...i drive home from work, turn it off...it goes "purt purt purt pfffffft"...like some kind of pressure was let off

asked a friend and they said soudned like it backfired through the carb

prob is...i cant start it to take the mfer back

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Check the timming. [ QUOTE ]
    it goes "purt purt purt pfffffft"...like some kind of pressure was let off

[/ QUOTE ]

3. Hektyk

Hektyk Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Check the timming. [ QUOTE ]
    it goes "purt purt purt pfffffft"...like some kind of pressure was let off

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup definetly sounds like you need to turn your timeing up a little.

4. 4DiggerDan

4DiggerDan 1/2 ton status

I just went through something similar... Except mine all of a sudden sounded like the truck was running under water. I tore the Carter EGR carb that was on there OFF... Then I stuck those jets and metering rods into another Edelbrock that I was saving for my Blazer build up (gotta run a carb until I can afford a fuelie system.)

Problem solved /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Except now I'm playing the "Bend the choke rod to adjust mixture at idle right after startup game." You know the one. After you fire up your truck it runs fine until your ass gets off the seat to go back in the house where there's a warm cup of coffee waiting for you, then it starts running like crap and blowing black smoke until you put your ass back on the seat and give it more gas.... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I decided that I need to try out one of the new Edelbrock offroad AVS carbs on my 383. Of course I'll let you all know how it works out.

5. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

---------UPDATE-----------

MFer at advance gave me the wrong size filter...put on the old one and problem solved...taking that [censored] back in the morning and having the carb tuned also...

i was pissed too