Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my chip is on the way

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by lamberthkp, Sep 19, 2006.

1. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

well i finally got time to log data from my blazer on Sun and sent it to Brian at TBIchips yesterday, he does some fast work he sent me a e-mail that my chip will ship out this morning i cant wait. :D :wink1:

oh yeah here is the came kit i put in, and my TBI really did not like it !!
    http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=CCA%2DK12%2D243%2D3&N=4294 along with a tbi performer intake from edelbrock, tbi spacer , MSD and K&N filter. so i hope to feel a big power difference when i get the chip :D

2. eagle mark

eagle mark 1/2 ton status

The specs should have told you, you wouldn't like it. Operating range that statrs at 1800 won't be a very good drivable cam for any street applacation. Duration is to high to produce needed vacuum readings for Speed/Density TBI system.

Basic Operating RPM Range:1,800-6,000 RPMIntake Duration at 050 inch Lift:226Exhaust Duration at 050 inch Lift:234Duration at 050 inch Lift:226 int./234 exh.

3. lamberthkp

yeah i knew the tbi would run crazy just did not think it would take me 4 months to get a computer to run aldl , so iv been driving the yota wich is my DD. Brian said it was'nt as bad as he thought it would be with that cam, he said it should run great once the chip gets here........... i hope :D

4. eagle mark

eagle mark 1/2 ton status

5. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

HHHMMMMMMMMMM, so the big truck is going to be ready for URE? I was hoping to have another taco there. Hope this fixes it.

6. lamberthkp

it looks like i will be :D, started getting ready to put my axles under it yesterday, the d44 for the front is still helt hostage in that storage lot :(

7. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

No wonder your ECM freaked! I hope you've got a high stall converter or you like slipping the clutch if you're manual, otherwise the chip still won't work too well. A stock converter will labour the engine way before it's making any power.

8. lamberthkp

yeah i do slip the clutch a little on take off with it but not very much. i did find a problem when i ran winALDL the other day i had no 02 sensor it had been cut when i put the manual in and i just never noticed i saw a big difference in fixing that. so i guess i will wait and see what happens when the chip goes in. :smirk: