Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My college beater car!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Itali83, Jul 7, 2002.

1. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

Gotta love the big led sleds. This is an 81 Dodge Mirada 318 2bbl auto power everything with 109K miles. She's a beater and just perfect for beating on while I'm in school at Nashville Auto Diesel College! We got it for free and it runs like a top, starts right up with no smoke or anything. It needs a gas tank, trunk patches, front brakes and ball joints and some tinkering here and there, but everything pretty much works except the a/c and some other add on junk. I can't wait to get it on the road and beat it, I haven't had a beater before just my jimmy which I treat with the upmost respect so I think this is going to be fun. I'd like to find a 4bbl intake and carb and once I get the sticker, I'm hacking off the exhaust and putting on true duals with no cats and 2 40 series flows on it! Just want to see what you guys think of it. lol
    http://community.webshots.com/album/42900069KYLcfL
    Ben 87 Jimmy

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue"> When are you going to lift it, Ben ? </font color>

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I've always liked the looks of those cars. Go ahead and drop a 440 in there and make it the ultimate sleeper!

4. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

Bad news, I found a little blister of rust on the front sub frame, I decided to check it out before we dump money into it and before I know it, I have a hole in the size of my fist in the front subframe on the drivers side and another one on the pass side, the whole boxed in subframe is rotting from the inside out, so this project is defunked. But in the process, I noticed how well it does POSI brake stands and I have 2 sets of rear tires that need much punnishing! I'll take some pics of the beater burnout!!!! LOL!!
    Ben 87 Jimmy

5. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Man, and the car looked so nice, too. Maybe that was why you got it for free. Why don't you try jumping it. Take a camera with you and get the picture of the front coming off!

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Why don't you try jumping it.

[/ QUOTE ] Famous Last Words..... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

I know, I'll fill the car with dynamite, make a jump on the edge of our gravel pit that's probably a good 200 feet deep, get going max speed in the road, hit the jump, jump out of the car mid air mind you, and watch it blow up!!!! Thats what I'll do, and I'll take lost of video clips too!!!!!!!! LOL NOT!!!!!!!!!!hahaha I will punish the tires very severly though. mmmuuhahahahah
    Ben 87 Jimmy