Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My communication station

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by Z3PR, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[​IMG]

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Notice the remote.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeap, my radio set up is in the living room. I can yap on the radideo while watching movies. I'm multi-talented thay way. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. dodgetruck91

dodgetruck91 Registered Member

Large radio for only puttin out 4 watts with 20% swing and 40 channels /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Large radio for only puttin out 4 watts with 20% swing and 40 channels /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ] My radio does quite a bit more then 4 watts,(Dead keys 25 on AM and swings up over 60) modulation swings up to 95%, don't want too over drive it now do I. And for Channels, alot more then just 40 !!!!!! Starts at 25.615 and goes up to 28.315 with all the Alpha channels in there also. I'm mostly on 27.385 lower sideband. (note, power doubles on sideband), and will really go up if I hook up a Heathkit box I've got in the closet. It's only a 2000 watt unit. I need new tubes for it, but maybe one day it'll get put in line. What I have is a 10 Meter export radio converted for 11 Meter. It's not a CB. Even though I use it to talk on CB freqs.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Nice radio set up. One day I'll get my ham ticket and buy a Yaezu.

8. 88Silverado

I got my start in in the early 70's when the family had an old 57 CJ5. We would do lots of wheelin in Death Valley with our friends. This was way before CW Mcall (sp) and "Convoy" song hit launching the big CB craze. (geez..im giving away my age). I had an old Johnson Messenger 223A base station and I remember listining to Australia on skip but not being able to work them. A friend in high school was a ham and he got my code speed up and gave me my novice test in 78.
    Wife just bought me a Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark-V for Xmas. (Think im going to keep her).
    I still need to figure where im going to mount my Johnson Messenger 123A in the Blazer tho.

Noticed im still blue /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Guess it takes awhile to turn Orange. This is a great site.

Chuck

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    This is a great site.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree !!!! You'll find all kinds of people with simular intrestes to about anything you're into. I'm into Blazers, Two-Way Radio Equipment, Big Stereo Systems, ... ect. And there is always someone willing to BS about almost anything. Gotta love this site !!!!!!!!

10. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Noticed im still blue Guess it takes awhile to turn Orange. This is a great site.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to become a paying member to turn orange. The cost is a measly $25 per year and goes towards paying for keeping the site up and running. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. 88Silverado

Roger That..

Another great site if your into Chevelles or ElCaminos is the Team Chevelle board at www.chevells.com or the tech board at http://www.chevelles.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi
    I got a ton of info there when I was doing my last project (71 ElCamino http://home1.gte.net/res096qi/71Elky.htm )

In fact, thats how I found out about this site, several people from there referred me to here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I subscribed Friday evening. However, I didnt use PayPal, I went Visa instead. Maybe Steve can only post those types of transactions during his normal work week. No biggie, I paid and soon to be Orange /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Guess im a little off topic for this fourm so I'll sign off now. 73

12. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You're orange now! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. 88Silverado

Feels good not being blue /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. VA-NC-SC

VA-NC-SC Registered Member

I am working on setting up my base. I am currently only setting it up for use on CB AM, but I think I will add stuff as I go, once I get my ticket I will probably add 2 meter into the mix. All the equipment I am using, except the antenna, will be 1960s tube-driven equipment that I got from my grandfather, cool stuff. I will check back with pictures later.