Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My cool day (Big Boys Toy Show in Ft. Collins)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, May 17, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

FINALLY, DA CAP HAS COME BACK...... or some crap like that...

Been out all day... first thing I did was call up Saturn and say hey, this job sucks, I'm not coming anymore... Went to Little America and said hey, I thought I hated this job but I just can't leave this place, I'm staying... And THEN I went to Ft. Collins...

I planned on just visiting Ft. Collins 4x4 for their Big Boys Toy Show for a while and taking off... But my buddy Chris talked me into entering my Explorer in the show... So I signed up for the ugly class and got a cool windshield sticker that will go on my new windshield whenever I get one, a free tee-shirt, a little plaque thingy to attach to my truck, and some other cool stuff... So I parked my truck in the back with the 4 other ugly trucks (a Jeep Wrangler, Toyota Landcruiser, a dodge, and a Ford) and went to check out the 30 or so Jeeps, 10ish Dodges and Furds, and NO other Explorers... There was a very nice newer Dodge Dakota, all prerunnered up with the bulging fenders and bed, and more roll cage than truck, and a crap load of lift... I need to start taking a camera around with me when I go to these things...

Watched some action at the RTI ramp, checked out the toys in the store, gazed at the lifted H2 out front (WHY lift an H2?!?!) and then just chilled for the next 3 hours...

Around 3PM, they announced the winners, in the Ugly class, the Toyota that was truly ugly got first... Don't know who got Second but I know it wasn't the Jeep, and I got third /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I got sent home with 2 very nice Goodyear jackets and another free tee-shirt... Oh and a certificate also /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SOooooOOOOoo, I'm cruising around Ft. Collins, and who do I run into? Yep, the Land Cruiser... It seems it broke down halfway across town on their way home /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif So I offered my assistance which was refused... Oh well... Then my friend who I haven't heard from for like 4 weeks calls me up and says hey, get to the air force base by 6 they're showing a movie...

So I went and saw a free screening of Jim Carrey's new movie, Bruce Almighty... It was a pretty good movie, I'd recommend it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Couple times during the movie the light in their projector died, and I had this cool idea that would revolutionize the way movies are watched... But I'm not gonna tell anyone my idea...EVER...

SOoooOOOO, that's my story of the day, I'm gonna go bash my truck with a hammer so I can get 1st place and a hi-lift jack next year /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I thought that Exploder looked familiar but I didn't think anything of it. Did you see the black and tan K5 parked at the end of the row of all the Heeps on the south side? I was there from about 11:30-12:30. I didn't feel like parking along way away so I just entered my truck in the show for a good parking spot.

Did you happen to see a big white guy in a black Harley Davidson Muscle shirt, fairly short hair, shades, and the Harley tattoo on his arm? If so you saw me.

3. Hossbaby50

Those H2's were on the new 40" MTR's. Did you notice that the prerunnered Dakota was all beefed up, but didn't have a front driveshaft. There were alot of nice trucks out there, but most of them were poser trucks.

Fort Collins 4x4 is a poser shop. I have seen some decent stuff but nothing spectacular. They are all show and no go. They offered me a windshield banner, but I politly refused because I have a 4x4 Iron one already. I didn't want to tell them I wouldn't discrace my truck with there banner.

I got there bag of goodies. I put the little plaque thing on my roommates Exploder that he dumped on its side last summer and is scratched to hell. The shirt will be another get dirty shirt for working on the truck.

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yea, I was sitting in my X watching you park... Was gonna go say hi or something since it was the only Blazer there... Nice rig ya got there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'm not sure I'd buy much from them either... I do get a discount whenever Chris prints up the membership cards for the 4x4ord club though, so I might get somethin... But most of the stuff I want I'm getting online for the same or better price /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'm gonna do the sticker too, I have this thing for stickers that advertise stuff (CK5 and 2 www.4x4ord.com so far) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. Hossbaby50

Thanks for the compliment on the truck. Once your X gets some paint it shouldn't look pretty good (for a Furd /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif) Yours has alot better stance on it them both of my roommates Exploders did. One did dump his on its side though so it has alot of character marks on the drivers side. I actually put that little metal plaque thing from the 4x4 show on his Exploder. He doesn't know it yet though. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif