Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My cousin was held at gun point...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by babyburb, Apr 26, 2007.

1. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

...yesterday evening at his job. Now, before I write out what happened, let me say I am still pondering if he is brave or stupid.

From what I have gathered so far, a guy walks in right before closing and sticks a handgun in his face. So my cousin takes the gun away from him and the robber runs like a coward when faced with an opposition. <----That part I do think is funny. Other than that, I do not have any more info. The police took him in to the station to question him and I went to sleep.
    So what do you think, stupid or Billy Bad Arse.

Keep it have way nice guys, he is family.

2. TexasBlazerBoy

TexasBlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Obviously, he did what he thought he needed to do. He is still alive so that kinda says it all right there.

It seems he used good judgement as far as not killing the perpetrator. It reads like he was in a public place and could have injured innocent people.

I think what he did was honorable. just my .02$

TBB

3. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I don't think its stupid at all. If he would have complied with robber, there is no guarantee he wouldn't have got shot anyway. The whole give em what they want and they'll leave you alone attitude most people seem to have these days is stupid. Kudos to your cousin.

4. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

Oh I forgot that info. The gun was not loaded so he might have tried to kill him. I dunno. If I was to guess, I would say he probably clicked that gun about 6 times before he realized it was not working.

5. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

Well he did what he tried to do, I suppose that makes him brave hehe.

6. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

:haha::haha::haha:. That's awesome. Clint would be proud.

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I can't carry at work :(

Thankfully its a huge window out front . I see anything come in the front that don't look right , I am just out the back door . I have a path from the back to my rig , or into the neighborhood with my phone .

I could care less about being macho when it really happens and I am unarmed . I just want to get home to my wife !!!!!!!!!

8. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

reminds me of an incident here in Powell a couple years ago. A couple kids tried to rob a grocery store with guns. The owners brother was working that night and he is a decently big, intimidating guy. The 3 kids started to do their thing and he flat told them to get the hell out of there and he wasn't giving them anything. They left and were charged with armed robbery or assult or whatever.... for their used of BB guns.

9. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

bravo for your cousin..

Does your cousin have any martial arts training? most guys won't try that unless they have some form of trained automatic response.

10. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

No training, He has bulked up since last year for football. Guy is about 5'10", weights about 220, and is rock solid. I guess the only training he has is trying to defend himself when I wrestle with him. He still has no chance with me.:D

I just got word that the gun was loaded and someone shot out the front window. Not sure who did it or if it was during the scuffle. I will try to get ahold of him later today and find out first hand.

11. TexasBlazerBoy

:eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: , now since I have heard more of the story, "Big Balls in Cowtown" comes to mind.

12. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

I don't know if that is a good thing or not. It runs in the family though and it will get one of us killed someday.

13. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds like he reacted and got lucky. Probably not either brave or stupid. But certainly lucky.

14. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

Ok, so I did not get to talk directly to him but I talked to my Aunt. The guy waited in line behind a couple of customers and when he got to the counter he pulled his gun and yelled for everyone to get on the ground. He pointed the gun at my cousin and told him to get up, open all the drawers and get all the money. He told the guy ok but it was going to take a few seconds to enter in the codes to pop the drawers. At this time the guy had the gun against his head. When he popped the registers and bagged all of the money, the guy laid down the gun to get ALL of the cash. That is when my cousin grabbed the gun, started to pick it up, and then it went off shattering the front window. The guy dropped to the floor and then scrambled to his car and took off. He said it had a hair pin trigger.

He said he wasn't scared during the ordeal but really took it hard when he figured out that it had a light trigger all the while had it pressed against his head.

15. TexasBlazerBoy

Now that is a reality check right there. Any time, any day. Lucky guy.

16. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You just have to wonder why the dumbass robber would lay the gun down. isn't rule #1 in the robber handbook "stay in control of your pistol"?

17. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

and people question WHY I carry where ever I go. I shop this store quite often and sometimes have my wife and kids with me.

and If this causes the Conceal and carry debate to start up again I apoligize before hand. I do not want to be Muddified by the CanMan.:D

18. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

:haha::haha:

19. TexasBlazerBoy

ah Jeez, whoops.:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: Oh well.

20. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

I think most robbers don't read.... to damn stupid to begin with.