Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My darn Beretta!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CaveBlazin, Jun 4, 2004.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ok so I replaced my head in my 1994 Chevy Beretta 2.2L about a week or two went by and the cat was clogged and would not alow me to go 15mph so I had a whole new exhaust put on(it was about time anyways) well a few weeks go by again and she's clogged up again?? Im thinking something with my mixture or something but anyone got any clues??? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED...

2. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Try the Other Rides forum /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If you don't have to worry about inspections, cut it out of the exhaust system and replace it with a piece of pipe. That's what I did with the 89 Beretta I had with a 2.8 V-6.

4. CaveBlazin

But what if there is something wrong with it. It runs great when the darn cats are not clogged. I can gut the cat cause I dont have to worry about the sniffer but maybe there is something really wrong???

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Oxygen sensor is probably the problem /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif When they go bad they tend to make the motor run rich, which plugs the cat. $50-60 solution.

6. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Darn, I thought this would be about Beretta guns. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Darn, I thought this would be about Beretta guns. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep, same here /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

8. CaveBlazin

Sorry guys I forgot there was another section for this.

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I clicked in here all ready to share my recent conversation with a vet at the gun shop about the 92fs.

10. CaveBlazin

What about, how there a POS for military or about the big stopping power they give to our troops LMAO!!!

11. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

we carried them for duty weapons... I dislike the 9mm... we used to shoot people and it would bounce off "some" peoples skulls....and the round doesnt do a good job penetrating cars/windshields...
    reliability of the gun was ok... but I still liked carrying my 45 better
    but it was nice to have 16 and 1

12. CaveBlazin

I totally agree the 9mm sucks I dont wanna waist any more words on this gun LOL

13. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

alot more than just the O2 sensor helps measure and control fuel mixture, other things help do this such as the MAP and MAF sensors and TPS and so forth, any one of these components could be worn out or damaged or in need of service(cleaned and/or adjusted if are not non-serviceable components)

if you have no emisions inspections or anything where you are then i reccommend removign the cat also and wleding in a piece of pipe, we have done this to several cars such as but not limited to two 94 grand ams, and it makes a difference, every one of them we have cut off to replace with a pipe have had a problem with being super red hot way more than should be and when you look through them at bright light they are restricted down to only 1.5" or sometimes down to the diameter of a quarter whether it be cold or hot, so...

makes a really big difference in performance of the cars, one of the two grandams wouldnt hardly even run the converter was so restricted, it was bad, now the car runs like a v8 rwd car, strong and fun /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif :P

14. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Love my Glock 21 with 13 + 1. I bought plenty of mags when they were still cheap. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

15. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What about, how there a POS for military or about the big stopping power they give to our troops LMAO!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what he was saying... They suck in the desert, a piece of sand in it and it's a jammed up paperwieght. He said he's had at least a dozen people come in and buy Glocks, then ask him to ship them to their relatives stationed in Iraq.