Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my day has been fun, not boring like BRANDONS.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boggerless, May 12, 2006.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

:haha: i get up at 6 am,its raining. i pack all my junk into JR for a fun ride into work.my wifey is up with my son cuz she delivers the TRADER TIMES,truck,auto,cycle,etc.she does it for extra loot while she is in school.(heaven forbid she touches the tens of thousands she has in the bank! her mothers house sold and she got her share. she just bought a new focus with cash.BUT i have to still give her gas money??WAIT thats another post). anyway she calls me at 9 am and tells me the tierod end broke on her van.:rolleyes: so i gotta leave work to go see. mind you i'm in JR no tools or nothing.so i get there and the end you adjust is completely unthreaded.:what: :dunno: so i take her home and grab the DD and a floor jack to fix it.we drive 26 miles back to the van and the end won't tighten on:mad: .so we go to the only auto parts store i trust in the ghetto and get a new end. then back to where i work to get a hammer.i jack the van up and see that the nut is on the bottom. a whole six inches to swing the hammer.:mad: :mad: after a few pissed off blows of said hammer it poped out.got it fixed in heavy rain and got that POS home. so i put 94 miles on my trucks and have to take a vacation day for the lost hours.yes sir i knew i shoulda stayed home.:(

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Should'a charged her labor!!! :haha:

You're a good guy!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

3. boggerless

i HATEthat van DON.:haha: :haha: :haha: that thing screws me when i least expect it.:mad:

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

been there...

I've had to rescue friends and relatives more than once on crappy days..why is it cars F*** up only when its raining,dark,or snowing??(99% of the time anyway--or in a BAD neighborhood!)..or 25 miles from a "real" parts store??..(and why is it they call ME??--they never call if there is too much beer at their parties,or an extra girl looking for a good time!:mad: --but when the car craps out--lets call BOB!--HE"LL help us!...)

My older brother has had his share of rescues too..now he just hitches up his car trailer and TOWS it back!..it was nice when he had a ramp truck(easier)..but not for him--everyone who knew him would call whenever they broke down,regardless of the time or weather..even those who had triple A!..

I only have a tow bar..but its better than fixing a junker in a ghetto with hoods with GUNS milling about..especially if your not the same skin tone as said hoods..:eek1: ..and if you leave it there alone more than 5 minutes,you might as well just buy another car,and report that one stolen...:doah:

I towed quite a few cars home with the tow bar..all it took was a cordless drill,and 4 bolts....but it only works on older vehicles with real bumpers,unless your really brave,I wouldn't tow a car with a "tupperware" bumper!..even if you do find steel inside it,its only as thick as a fender,and those 5 mph shocks that hold it to the car pull apart rather easily..

I love caller I.D. !! .. now,I can ignore their calls for help,just like they ignored ME when the party was going on,and I wasn't invited..;)

Glad you got it home in one peice,and YOU survived as well...its a jungle out there...:crazy:

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

Bob, i'm so sorry to hear about that, you poor poor man. :hugs:

6. boggerless

there are ways to handle the thugs.i've been dealing with them for 22 years. homeless people are fun i wait till they get close than ask them for money or a smoke.:haha: they usually walk away.the last time i (almost) had a confrontation was about 6 years ago. we were taking a delivery of shingle to prolly the worst neighborhood in detroit. cars up side down half stripped,if there was 20 houses on the block 14 were burned out, grass a foot high."why DO people fix houses in those neighborhoods?" so i can't find the apartments and the phone in the truck is dead.:mad: so i have to use a payphone.:rolleyes: i see a strip of 4 of them by a gas station.so we pull in,i have a new guy with me .i find change to call the shop and grab a phone,no dial tone.phone #2 same thing.:mad: phone #3 dial tone . sweet,put the coins in with the phone hovering by my ear so doesn't actualy touch me. the dial tone stops:confused: so i hit the switch nothing. hit the change return no money.:angry1: :angry1: :angry1: OK i'll call collect, phone #4. NO DIAL TONE!!!!ROOWWRRR SOB,MOTHER F******* POS , BLANKITY BLANK BLANK. so i ripped the hand sets outta all 4 phones and headed back to the truck.thats when drew who was scared poopless in that hood(he looked like opie) told me 3 guys came across the street and were sorta suronding me. he said after i started swearing and busting the phones they looked at each other and walked back to where they were.and i asked were you gonna help??:haha:screw those fakeass gangbanging wanna be rappers.:laugh: