Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my day in a bunch

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big83chevy4x4, Feb 26, 2005.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

it started at 6:45 am, load truck up to go wheeling with a bunch of guys. i grab the camera, CB, strap, tools and winter weather wear and throw it in the truck. start the truck to warm it up. come back in to make sure i had everything.

lately ive been having minor tranny problems, when its cold it, reverse doesn't enguage and drive take a few seconds longer than it should to enguage. so i figure that when the snow is gone ill get to building a new tranny.

i jump in the truck at 7:15 and head to the gas station 2 miles away. fill up and go threw the light and it misses 2nd. let off and it cought. well it never found 3rd. so i decide that im not going to make the 80 mile drive and drive the 2 miles to the next road to head home. that 4 miles was LONG at 35mph.

i am so pissed cause ive been planning this for a while and spend the money to get everything up to par.

ive toyed with the idea to throw a stick in this when i had the th350 go out when i got the truck, but i thought it was too much work at the time. so i get home, call my buddy and he has a sm465/np208 sitting in his shed, its mine for $150.

i wait around for a while being down and pissed. at about 11 i make the 5 mile trip at 35 mph to the junk yard to grab the hydro clutch stuff. got the bellhousing, 2 master cyls (the first one had a bend rod, how it got bent i don't know0, line, slave cyl, pedal assembly, and a perfect battery tray for $40 (buddy i went to school with owns the yard :grin: ) i also noticed that it had a uncut TBI harness on it. i know where im getting my harness :grin:

my dad owes me a clutch and machining of a flywheel when we had to put a clutch in his blazer 2 years ago. so the entire swap is gonna cost me $190 plus some fluid.

even though i didn't get to go wheeling where i wanted, i still got to use 4wd to get back to the truck that i robbed parts off of.

GOODBYE 700R4, HELLO CREAPER GEAR.

now the only thing is i have to get the van done that is in the garage so i can work on my truck in there.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2005
  2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

What rotten luck :mad:.

At least you have started on putting the 4spd together. I spent a crapload beefing my 350 and I wish I had known better at the time. Just a PITA in the end.

Your not alone in auto trans hell.

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

man that sucks TJ.a total bad weekend eh? i could of had a 4 speed also but i thought it would be to much work also. so my friend junked the blazer.:doah: i knew in my pack rat heart to take it.what do you need to do to the van??? and when are you going to do it??

4. big83chevy4x4

need to put the motor and tranny back in the van, probably tomorrow threw wednesday or so. hopefully ill get a clutch before the weekend and can work on my truck next weekend.

ill have plenty of help on both so both should be up and running by march 7th

5. boggerless

cool, i was gonna ask if you needed any help.my days to help suck. this weekend coming up sat i'm free bro. if you need me i'll come. you can laugh at my little 245.s:)

6. big83chevy4x4

well see, like usuall a few are bound to back out. ill let you know though. :waytogo: thanks for the offer also, makes me feel a little better about my truck

7. boggerless

let me know, i need some time away from here.:D

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

TJ, if i didnt have so much on my plate right now, and i wasnt so far away i'd offer my help too. sweet deal on the clutch setup!

9. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

All the auto's falling by the wayside lately........if the th400 i have being built right now fails...........465 land here i come......

10. big83chevy4x4

ive always said if i ever put a 465 in it, it would be hydro. he said $50 but i offered $40 and he took it, i only had $46 in my wallet anyway. i always go to him for all my parts, he wanted $30 for a set of flattop knuckles, too bad i didn't get off my ass and get them before he crushed the 72 blazer they were on :(

you guys are making me feel better that im not alone with this. i was so pissed that i couldn't go wheeling. oh well, at least it didn't happen there at the park, 80 miles away

11. boggerless

that really would have sucked.summer is coming TJ. we'll trash the mounds.LOL:D

12. big83chevy4x4

i hope to trash some other places also ;)

13. boggerless

i want you to come down here this summer and see the places we used to and still go.i have friends that are cops in both cities.we'll be cool.woods in the city:laugh: .big acreage. i think thats how you spell it. ones across the street from my dads (bye the bye pops has a full motocross track in the back three acres.) some guys were renting the property and quit , they dumped 1000 + yards of fill dirt and had my dad shape it for them. they were A riders in motocross. it's a sweet track. anyway we have a BIG loader to pull us out across from daddum's. i want you to go to ford and lotz with me, i spent 3 to 4 nights a week there for 3 years wheeling.WOOT WOOT:thumb: :thumb:

14. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

why is it that the trany guys always have problems with there tranys??????

that blows tj, we i guess at home is better the ass deap in some hole at the mounds, long tug home i guess, or do you have AAA? i dont think the would go back in the park lol?

hey dident you say you have a 465/205 kicking around? the one i wanted?

15. big83chevy4x4

nope, don't have AAA. id like to get it though.

yep still have the 465/205 here, the big reason im not putting that in is i will have to build or get driveshafts built and i don't have any yokes the size i need. with the 465/208 i don't have to do either.

daryl, sounds like fun