Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My day in a nutshell...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Okay... So I didn't spend my day in a nutshell... That was a figurative term to replace "Here is the condensed story of my day."

First thing - picked up my buddy Josh for a round of Golf... I beat him by 2 strokes, amazingly enough I did rather well... only like 2 over par on all but two holes that took me 10 and 11 strokes /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif... Josh was screwing around with the golf cart and got me yelled at /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif so I took the key away from him...

After I took Josh home, I decided I needed to get a picture of my Explorer flexing on this rock up in Vedauwoo... I have a picture of my 91... but I don't have that truck anymore, and it didn't have a lift /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I started heading down the road to get there, and as I'm cruising down, the clouds in the distance get bigger and bigger and darker and darker... But I keep pressing on, hoping they wouldn't be over Vedauwoo... I just needed about 20-30 minutes to find the rock, take a couple pics, and be out depending on the condition of the trail...

I start getting close to Vedauwoo Road, which is the main road that the trail connects to... Now I'm under the edge of the clouds, and there's some hella bad lightning, so I decide against driving to the top of a mountain and playing around in the trees taking pictures, and decide to go to Laramie and look at the new sonic... SO, I press on, and about a mile after Vedauwoo Road, I drive into possibly the worst thunderstorm I've ever endured, and I've been in a tent during some real doosies...

First the rain, then as I get under the really dark clouds, the wind, hail, and even more water started coming down... At one point I pulled off the road for a few minutes because I couldn't see more than 10 feet in front of me... But I got back on the road, and about 10 minutes later I was out from under the storm and it was just heavy rain... Here's a pic from right in the middle of the storm, just after I got back on the road:

[​IMG]

You can't really see it, but there's what I'd guess is at least 1/2 - 1 inch of pea-sized hail on the road, plus so much water that the runoff ditch things on the sides of the road were overflowing onto the road... Oh, and there was some really wicked lightning... I had my music up really loud as usual, so I didn't hear the thunder, but I sure felt it shaking my truck /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

After getting out of that storm and driving by Sonic in Laramie, I decided I didn't want to drive back through the mountains and probably get caught in the storm again, so I took 287 down to Ft. Collins, Colorado... Of course, there was ANOTHER storm... No hail, just a hell of a lot of rain... Some drought we're having this year /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

Then I came home from Ft. Collins a little later (like 4 hours later) and hear from another friend that the thunderstorm I drove through made it's way here to Cheyenne while I was gone, and flooded 2 of our major streets, the 2 creeks that run through town, part of the mall, and there was the hail and supposedly a funnel cloud or two was spotted...

Then I hit up the gym, completely exhausted, and did a half-assed workout and here I am posting this about to go to bed and catch some sleep /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I forgot a major part of my day... Well, two actually...

1 - I found a clear golf ball while looking for one of my balls... I kept it... Who in the hell plays with a clear ball??!!!??!?!?!?!?!

2 - I took out a chunk of my thumb somehow on the first hole... I came home and looked for a band aid, but all I could find was this new stuff - liquid band aids... So I clean out my wound with a mixture of rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide... Once that stops burning, I shake up the liquid stuff, brush it on, and scream like a little girl... I have never EVER in my LIFE felt so much pain from something that is supposed to HELP... It felt like my thumb was on fire and being stung by a thousand bees... After about 10 seconds, I couldn't stand the pain any longer and stuck it under some cold running water... still burned... Me, being the genious I am, decided I'd try it again... Same thing, brushed it on, and screamed like a cow in labor... Only this time I knew how much it was going to hurt in a few more seconds, so I only left in on there for about 3 seconds /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

3. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

That must be one big nutshell to fit all that inside! Dontcha hate when your friends get you in trouble?? Well hopefully tomorow goes better for ya /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Shoot, around here bad weather is when it's overcast. Hardly rained at all this winter. I miss rain a lot.

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Sounds like our weather. It's really been crappy lately... some summer /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

1 - I found a clear golf ball while looking for one of my balls... I kept it... Who in the hell plays with a clear ball??!!!??!?!?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ] if it has i little hole that runs through it, it is a glow in the dark ball, you buy little chem-lites that go in there so you can play at night, we used to sneak on the golf course by my buddies appt. and play at night with those, pretty fun /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif