Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Day is Ruined !!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEK5, May 7, 2006.

1. MEK5

MEK5 1/2 ton status

I was just over on Ebay browsing around and there it was.A 91 GM crewcab NP-205 transfercase with THE adapter/shifter for $200.00 BuyNow it was just listed a couple hrs ago.I coundnt believe what I was seeing,they are rare has hell.

They had one of those long draw out desciption things about feedback,returned goods,blah blah blah.But I read it all to make sure that they were not going to bone me with some inflated shipping.

Now my heart starting to beat alittle faster with excitement,a hard to find complete set-up dirt cheap!I hit the BuyNow and get a window that says transaction blocked this item may no longer be avaliable,whatda!!!

I lost the auction by seconds and I`m a hurtin unit right now,someone else hit that button just before I did.Now I will be thinking all day WHY WHY WHY.

Guess I`ll go huff some paint fumes and eat a pound of bacon now:wink1:

1a_1_b.jpg

ab_1.jpg

2. George_Pimpdaddy

George_Pimpdaddy 1/2 ton status

buy now think later lol

3. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

not cool, man. i'd feel the same way. but maybe you got lucky and missed out on a water-damaged new orleans truck or something. saw a chevelle at a swap meet that other day that was supposedly from arizona. the water line in the trunk, under the nice new carpet made me think otherwise.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

console yourself by "going doubler". :grin:

j

5. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You snooze....you lose! Tuff luck . Bad day eh!

6. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That sucks! Those things are rare as hens teeth. I the only consolation I can offer you is a picture of my 1991 V3500 Crew Cab, WHICH HAS A 4L80E/NP205 COMBONATION. Neener neeener neener! Sorry to rub it in. :D

[​IMG]

7. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

Dayum...that is cold-blooded. Nice truck though. Very nice. Made me jealous.

8. MEK5

MEK5 1/2 ton status

Only thing is I wasnt snoozen just using caution because it was so cheap.You know the old saying if it sounds to good to be true read the fine print:laugh:

Only thing I really care about would have been the adapter and rear output housing with the vss,also the shifter is different with them I believe because the 4L80 is longer.

I`ll be alright I guess once I stop thinking if only I would have turned my computer on a minute sooner today,or didnt have to take a leak while scrolling thru the transfer listings,if maybe I was born just 1 minute sooner things would have been different!:frown1:

9. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

drop the owner an email and tell him that if the guy backs out youll take it...

you never know how many dead beat payers there are out there :wink1:

10. BizeeB65

BizeeB65 1/2 ton status

IF you had been born a minute earlier you might have been browsing for heep parts instead of truck parts!!! I would def. email the seller and see if you can be 2nd in line. Ya never know!

11. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

DEFINITELY!

I bought my transmission "off" of eGay. It ran for the listed time and some guy bid on it, but I had emailed the guy asking about it before this. About a week later, I get an email from the seller. The guy flaked, the seller got his auction $$ refunded, and he wanted to know if I was still interested.

Sooo...I got it for $200 less than the guy's original buy-it-now price since he just wanted it gone.

It's worth a shot, right?:o

12. MEK5

MEK5 1/2 ton status

Theres NO chance of him backing out of the sale, he`s a player over there and knows exactly what he bought and what its worth.

I`ll find one someday cheap by accident most likely,I just missed out on a good deal but the guy selling that screwed up big time by putting that buynow on there.Knowing how crazy ebay can be that thing probably would of fetched $1,000. because he had it listed correctly in a high traffic search.

I feel better now!:p:

13. uberbeans

uberbeans 1/2 ton status

I have a 205. What makes this 205 special?

14. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

The adapter to mate it to a 4L80E. :pimp:

15. uberbeans

uberbeans 1/2 ton status

I am not really familiar with the 4L80E. What is it?

16. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Overdrive auto trans. The 4L80E/205 combo was only avaliable in 1991 and only available in a "V" series (carry-over square body style) truck. Very rare & valuable. :wink1:

17. 1-ton

With the 4L80E/NP205 combonation being so desirable, you figure somebody would have made an aftermarket adapter for it by now.

18. MEK5

MEK5 1/2 ton status

There are ways around hooking a 205 to a 4L80 using both style TH400 adapters that have been modified.Took alot of pictures and posted here about a month ago you probably have seen it,but it would be nice to have the real deal.

I think that an aftermarket company would sell a bunch of them but probably not enough to make it worth there wild when the modded 400 adapters are working out just fine.

Oh yeah, I dont think that you are really sorry about rubbing it in,I can tell by the tone of your typing:haha:

19. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Has GM already disco'd the adapter?

I know they are piss-poor about keeping stuff around for even 10 years, but some stuff just hangs on in the GM parts warehouse for some reason. A lot of times people don't even bother checking that avenue. MIght get lucky.

If I had the '91 parts manual I'd look the number up. I'd also look up the VSS output shaft housing for it...I remember being told it and reluctor ring were disco'd though.

20. 1-ton

It is scary to think that parts as nesessary as those are, will not be available if I need them for my truck.