Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My day just got A LOT worse... busted T-case on the Burb!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, May 24, 2003.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Just got the chance to start wrenching on the Burb today. Crawled under to start pulling bell housing bolts and I come across:

[​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Bought the truck under the assumption that the motor was bad... not the motor and the transfer case... not to mention that the front seal is blown on the TH400... not a very good sign of its health either. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Just not a very happy moment for me right now. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif You can look at the other pics which show my progress here:

http://12.208.69.79/images/truck/89sub/teardown/

BEWARE, the pics are on the large side! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Dan

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ouch! looks like it landed on a rock or somethin!

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If you need another, I've got a 700R4 version 208 I'd sell you for practically nothing. You could use the case. If you want a 400 version one, I know where you could pick one up.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. 76SILVERADO

76SILVERADO Registered Member

take it apart and weld it... grind it to fit, paint it to match.

6. KRAZIE87K5

Its an aluminum case... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Think I'd rather buy a new xfer case before I go trying to weld it back up... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

7. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

That was so nice of our fellow CK5 member to sell you a vehicle with more broken parts than what he advertised.

8. KRAZIE87K5

[ QUOTE ]
    That was so nice of our fellow CK5 member to sell you a vehicle with more broken parts than what he advertised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before we get too upset here, I've talked to Wes about this and he is going to try to help me out... possibly. I guess he has a few trucks that he may get his hands on (he'll know Tuesday). If he gets them, he will pull a 208 (not sure thats what I want though) and send it to me. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'd much rather put a 241 back into the Burb... seeing as thats what it came with. We'll see on Tuesday... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

-Dan

9. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

Dang, if it weren't for bad luck lately, you wouldn't have any luck at all /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif At least the R/C car ain't broke /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hope you can get it fixed.

BIGJ

10. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

if it will cheer you any...
    I am having a bear of a time pulling a 465 apart
    I ground up some puller arms to pull the countersg=haft bearing and failed at it, it isnt so bad as it was my brothers puller I cut up /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif