Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my desert home

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big_truxx, Mar 5, 2005.

1. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

I want to build a house in az!!! then maybe I will be there more often to be closer to parts that i always miss out on :D and to more people on this site. but I cannot ever leave the beautiful state of maine. But I am planning on when my business takes off and im a millionaire :surepal: building a house in arizona. The desert is cool!

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Acually its pretty damn hot!

But I love it anyhow. I live in the high desert, 5000 ft ele. So its pretty temprate where I live. I like just being able to dive to the end of the block hit the dirt and have hundreds and hundreds miles of open country to explore and have fun in.

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Wait until the sun sets

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I go camping/wheeling with a bunch of guys in Az. every year. It would be a great place to have a second house - its beautiful and the wheeling is awesome, but the summer heat does get a little excessive.

5. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

My best friend from the USAF works on Apaches in the Tuscon area. Hope to visit him before to long.

6. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

AZ is a great place to be. I spent the weekend in Show Low, up in the mountains, now Im back down in the valley where is going to be 74 and sunny today. Let me know when you start looking for property....oh and you dont need to be a millionaire either :grin:

7. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I wanted to live out in Az, but I changed my mind. Every time someone posts on here about being robbed they are usually from Arizona or Colorado, and sometimes Kalifornia. Screw it, I'll just stay right here and keep my rusty old junk that nobody wants to steal.

8. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

It ain't that bad . You only get robbed in the bad parts , usually in teh center by downtown , thats in ANY state .

Well you could get robbed if you DAILY DROVE an open-caged-no hood truck without a TUffy box , but thats asking for it anyway :D

Most of the neighborhoods are great here :deal::grin:

9. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

What knid of goofball does this? :haha:

The fact that about 80% of the members here are from Az, Co, or Ca Makes it seem like there are more robberies there, but I know it happens everywhere. One good thing about where I live though is that nobody has a desire to own old junk like mine, and 4 wheelin' isn't very popular, so there just aren't many 4x4 related robberies.

10. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

yeah.... :thinking: my "tool" of choice is the 12 ga shotgun. so many options; should I blow him up w/ explosive rounds, bolo rounds perhaps, maybe some spear rounds, ah yes burn him with a flare round! there's always the old standby of 00 buck and a slug too. thefts beware. I want to get a molly vest before I leave here and also a boonie cap with all them perty little loops that by mere coincidece are a perfect fit for a 12ga shell :D Plus I hope to open an off-road park in Maine in several years since there are none that I know of. Plus my closed-circut road racing course. So I can legally go all-out in the fiero I will build someday in the near future. And maybe make a buck or two in the process. But Maine being my home state and nice and all... you just need to get away and hit the road and get a change of scenery sometimes. And AZ being AZ is a decent place for a change of scenery from me. Too many goals and projects. I will start small with the basics; get my garage builty and hopefully house framed & closed in before winter and have the cash to go with my parents to visit my lil bro for xmas who will be going to ireland for a year's worth of college in the fall. Plus all the chevy truck parts that will fit in my garage... Saw sooo many this past week that I do not have the ability to get since I'm not there. Enough to make a mechanically obsessed guy like me sick. :haha: