Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My dog ate my battery

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Nov 21, 2002.

No, this is not an excuse for not going to work. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I guess my dog was hungry so he decided to chew on my brand new Red Top Optima. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Can anyone tell from the photos if it is still usable?

1. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

its fine /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif you can shoot a hole through one with a 357 and it will still work /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. Through the battery? Because I was thinking of doing the same to my dog when I caught him doing that. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudhog

yup /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif and i dont blame you lol they are a dry cell battery so they dont leak out all the acid /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

It's fine, now put the damn thing in before your dog really gets hungry.
    And Grim is right. I've seen a red top with a big hole in the side from where a fan hit it the guy put some epoxy on it and ran it. For how long I don't know but I saw it after it was like that for two months.

Eric

5. mudhog

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    And Grim is right

[/ QUOTE ]
    im not Grim /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

OOPS Sorry about that all I saw was green. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Thanks for the reassurance /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif ... it'll go in ASAP. And I'll also buy some more dog food and toys for him. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

8. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

Buy toys? I give my dog the oven mitts to chew on! Girlfriend hasn't yelled at me thus far. Seriously, ditto to the battery working. My buddy cracked his one day and it still worked up till to this day after he patched it. Sold me on it!

9. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

I bet you and especially your dog are glad that it wasn't a conventional wet cell battery, cause if he had punctured the case it wouldn't be a very pleasant experience. At least he only chewed the corner of it, didn't really hurt anything too bad.

Will

10. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I think your dog suffered from the same symptom any CK5 member who doesn't have an Optima battery would get. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif <font color="green"> envy</font color> /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

looks good to me.he didnt get to the innerds yet. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifid jusd grind that lip off and maybe put some jb weld around the lip where the top and bottom halfs meet.

12. KRUM

KRUM 1/2 ton status

I've got two yes two red tops in my diesel 87 K-5,but i'm not gonna brag /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif