Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My dog bit me

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Stupid dog... I gave her a bone and then realized the other dog would take it away from her... so I tried to get the bone from her so she could take it outside, and she turned around and bit me and growled at me!!! I'd taken stuff from her all the time with no problems... 8 years and this is the first time she's ever done anything mean to me... I guess animals really are unpredictable... I didn't do anything this time, just yelled at her... she's still hiding /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif, next time I'm gonna beat the hell out of the mutt... Might not be a fair fight, but it'll sure teach the little piece of junk who's boss, since she seems to have forgotten /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Thas what you get for trying to give your dog the bone. Next time stick to sheep /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

3. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Hell..if you gave me a bone and tried to take it away I'd bite you too /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

If I was your dog I'd bite you too /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Thas what you get for trying to give your dog the bone. Next time stick to sheep /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhhh....got the itch to listen to AC/DC's "givin' the dog a bone." /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    My dog bit me

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe the dog liked the dancing badger better too...

j

7. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

What the hell is wrong with you? Don't beat the dog. The dog won't know why she/he is getting a beating. NEVER try to take food away from a dog after you have given it to him/her. Especially a bone. If you want to train the dog to give you the bone back then do it. But don't beat the dog for being a dog. What would you do if someone gave you a Blazer and then tried to take it away? The bone is to the dog what a real truck would be to you... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

My favorite method for training a dog not to bite is simple. When they bite or try to, grab their snout and hold their mouth shut, then hold their nose to the ground and don't let them go for a few seconds. Few times of that and my dog hasn't bitten in many many years. Dependent upon the size of the dog it requires you to not be a girly man /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I never hit my dog, I won't.

9. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What would you do if someone gave you a Blazer and then tried to take it away?

[/ QUOTE ]

He'd probably trade it for a Furd Exploder anyway /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

i gotta chesapeake bay retriever, most hard-headed dog ever, and it came down to brute force to get him to realize there would be hell to pay when he bit or growled at me, but when he did, i would smack him in the snout, then pin him down to where he cannot move in any way whatsoever, and hold him and stare him down in his eyes saying "NO" and that cured him, and he still loves me, he just knows he has to respect me, too. and no, dont whoop the [darn] out of him with a belt or anything, one firm smack on the snout, and pin him, and it will work out better for both of you...

11. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

i gotta chesapeake bay retriever, most hard-headed dog ever, and it came down to brute force to get him to realize there would be hell to pay when he bit or growled at me, but when he did, i would smack him in the snout, then pin him down to where he cannot move in any way whatsoever, and hold him and stare him down in his eyes saying "NO" and that cured him, and he still loves me, he just knows he has to respect me, too. and no, dont whoop the [darn] out of him with a belt or anything, one firm smack on the snout, and pin him, and it will work out better for both of you...

12. landsmasher

[ QUOTE ]
    one firm smack on the snout, and pin him, and it will work out better for both of you...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep... And that is the ONLY way to hit a dog. 2 fingers only and on the side, not on top or directly in the nose. You can do damage like that. You see, the problem with beating the sh!t outta the dog besides being plain mean is that you may injure it. Broken ribs and limbs can be expensive and painfull. And you'll feel like a jerk.

A quick tap on the side of the snout really get's their attention and scares them more than hurts them. OK I'm off my soap box now...

13. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Just like my girlfriend, my dog needed to be trained, and the only thing that seemed to work for either of them was a swift backhand. (Totally kidding). /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. landsmasher

Training rabbits is another story...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    one firm smack on the snout, and pin him, and it will work out better for both of you...

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to use the flip flop on the ass of the hound dawg when he was needing some learning..............
    Yep... And that is the ONLY way to hit a dog. 2 fingers only and on the side, not on top or directly in the nose. You can do damage like that. You see, the problem with beating the sh!t outta the dog besides being plain mean is that you may injure it. Broken ribs and limbs can be expensive and painfull. And you'll feel like a jerk.

A quick tap on the side of the snout really get's their attention and scares them more than hurts them. OK I'm off my soap box now...

[/ QUOTE ]

17. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to use the flip flop on the ass of the hound dawg when he was needing some learning..............

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Beats me. Anoter quote feature misfire I guess...............

19. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What the hell is wrong with you?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Nothing's wrong with me... gotta dicipline the mutt somehow, if she's gonna attack me I'll give it right back. Dogs aren't stupid, at least mine isn't...

[ QUOTE ]
    What would you do if someone gave you a Blazer and then tried to take it away?

[/ QUOTE ]
    If someone gave me a Blazer I'd burn it to the ground and hop in my Xplorer

20. landsmasher

[ QUOTE ]
    If someone gave me a Blazer I'd burn it to the ground and hop in my Xplorer

[/ QUOTE ]

And they flame Paul for bad spelling... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif