Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My dog is freaking out already and it's not even 4th of July!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shewheeler, Jun 27, 2005.

1. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

My little girl dog is pretty much scared of everything anyways, but this time of year is the worst. We have the big Independence Day biker rally and then the usual 4th of July fireworks. I live near the ghetto and they are already shooting off bottlerockets and firecrackers and stuff nightly in addition to bikers already pulling into town.

She seems fine until I bring her in to feed her and then she don't wanna go back outside. Last night, she threw herself against the gate for a half hour before I finally caved in and went to get her. I was waiting for her to settle before I brought her in for the night because I feel like going to get her while she's doing that is just re-enforcing for her that if she acts like a freak, I will coddle her :doah:

I have already ordered tranqs from the vet for the weekend, but I'm afraid she's gonna hurt herself or run off before then! What do you all do to calm your dogs during fireworks, thunderstorms, loud events, etc.? :dunno:

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

my current dog is a block head so he doesn't notice. my rott's didn't care eighther(but the female barked at animals on TV)????? anyway just comfort her, why not. she's scared and looking for you just like a kid would. it's cool . :D

3. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

My other dog doesn't much care about the noise. I can tell he doesn't dig it, but he doesn't act like a retard either :crazy:

I totally do comfort her, but I have never had a dog that acted like the world was coming to an end every fourth of July. You should see her when a helicopter goes over... I have never seen a dog hit the deck like that ... poor wittle baby :o

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

:laugh: :laugh: we had a big ass dog at work years ago and one morning he climbed his fence and ran to the back door.his eyes were bugged out of his head,i thought someone gave him drugs or something.for 6 years he was calm.we work in the ghetto of detroit so i was suspicious.about 20 minutes later a wicked thunder storm came through.after a few times we figured out he could sense them coming.something must have happened during one of the storms to spook him like that. :confused:

5. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

What do I do with our two dalmatians? Simple. Lock them up in the kennel. :whistle: :waytogo:

7. 502

502 1/2 ton status