Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My dog probably,UPDATED!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by unclematty, Aug 22, 2004.

1. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

ate a package of RAT poison! so off to the vet we go for a visit, hopefully it's a false alarm. i read about this stuff, sounds like a horrible way to die /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif. keep your fingers crossed /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gifSEE SECOND POST FROM ME FOR UPDATE

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Re: My dog probably

why would he do such a thing /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j/k... how did he manage that? hope he/shes okay /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. unclematty

Re: My dog probably Updated

my wife put the poison out to get rid of the rats that come in from the canal, she put it way under our shed so no one couldreach it, but my 4 year old son Evan, evidently pulled it out with a broom stick this AM, and we are not sure if there was any poison left in it. so we don't know if the dog ate it or what happened to it. so since it's such a brutal way to die, and since we love Roxy so much, better safe then sorry, off to the vet. my wife feels responsible so she's got the dog at the vet and I got the boys at home. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gifUPDATE; /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    Wife just called, Roxy did eat the rat poison, she puked some up at the vets, vet said they'ed have to give her some charcoal, but not to get our hopes up, cause this stuff is really bad, and it's probably been in her system for the whole day now, Vet also said it's like candy for dogs, plus Roxy will eat anything that doesn't eat her first. DAMN,DAMN! I hope she is OK, /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

After losing my last shop cat I got rid of all the poison... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gifHope your dog is gonna be ok...

5. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Yeah that really sucks, hope the pooch is alright.

Remington

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I really hate to tell you, but I remeber hearing from one of my resteraunts delivery men, that his dog had eaten rat poison. It was a big golden retriever type dog, and the poison made the dog bleed from all orifices and swear blood, it was horrible.

Anyway, here's hoping, may the spirits be with you and the dog!

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

woah that really sucks, hope shes okay /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. unclematty

yeah, the vet said that it will make them bleed to death internally. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

9. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

The stuff used in rat poison is generally Warfarin/Heprin. We use the same basic stuff at the hospital to disolve blood clots in the lungs or to thin the blood to reduce the chance of a clot lodging in heart and causing an MI. Sometimes when a patient is over anticoagulated we will give vitamin K to help with cloting.
    Here's hoping your dog didn't eat too much and will come out of it OK. We've gone to using glue boards due to the same type of problem with our youngest son.

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Sorry to hear it, I hope she comes out of it somehow.

Our Black Lab/Shephard is named Roxy, too.

11. unclematty

the Vet said thats what it was, that Warfarin stuff, so we got the vitamin K prescription, hopefully Roxy will take her medicine and not puke it up, I hope I can get $300.00 worth of satisfaction out of her before she kicks the pail /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif stand by for gunshots to get those (darn)ing RATS!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

my dad ate rat poison when he was a young'un, which explains a lot. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

sorry to hear about your dog. it'd kill my if my dog died /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

13. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I hope you also made sure your son did not eat any. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

14. unclematty

OH, SH!T!!! my wife is down talking to him right now, I hope not, I can't do the hosp/vet thing anymore today, ***thanx for reminding us***, with all the commotion we totally spaced it. wife said, he said, he didn't eat any of it,so hopefully, he said that it was empty when he pulled it out from under the shed, so who knows, sounds like it's time for a visit to the MD tommorrow, just to make sure. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

15. 4X4HIGH

[ QUOTE ]
    sounds like it's time for a visit to the MD tommorrow, just to make sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be getting my happy A** to a doctor NOW

It would be bad enough if your dog doesn't make it, think about if your son..... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

16. unclematty

wife's headin there now, with sleeppy little boy in tow, more babysitting

17. 4X4HIGH

Dude, I sure pray that he hasn't ingested any of the poison. After reading this post and not seeing anyone ask about your son I was like WTF, I know it is easy to forget about things when something like this happens. I sure hope I saved your son tonight if he did ingest any poison.

My prayers are out for your son and your family hoping he hasn't eaten any.

18. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

My dog did the same thing about 5 years ago. I called the vet and they told Me to put a table spoon of salt on the back of his tounge to make him vomit, and boy did he. He also had to do the vitamin K deal as well. The vet told Me that once a dog gets a taste for rat poison then they keep wanting it. I switched to traps after that.

19. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Any news??

20. unclematty

kids are good no poison in them, just Roxy, she is ok, and taking her medicine,she needs to take it for 30 days to make sure, what a PITA /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif at least whole family is gonna be OK, my " /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifbig sweety" too