Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My dog won't drink water

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AJMBLAZER, Apr 9, 2007.

1. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

So my 25-lb black lab/Italian greyhound won't drink water. Beginning of the year we noticed when she peed in the snow it was nuke orange...not good. She also never drank water. We each figured the other one was refilling her water bowl...nope.

One round of doggie antibiotics later to clear up a urinary tract infection all seemed well and she did drink a little water from time to time...a little. Someone told us she might not like the water so we got a $50 water circulating bowl with a built in strainer. Drank some more water but never guzzled it. Only dropped it low enough to make the pump make noise a couple times.

Now she won't drink water again. Keep having to clean the bowl because the water line starts to get funk on the sides. Her pee is a normal color but I'm a bit worried.
    The only way to get her to drink water is to just fill her food dish with water along with food at breakfast and dinner. Sometimes she'll crunch up an ice cube but mostly she just leaves it sitting and melting where we can't find it.:rolleyes:

Thoughts?

2. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

take her to a vet?

3. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

We brought this up last time and they said she was okay. Their suggestions were the filtering bowl, ice cubes, and watching her pee color.

4. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Maybe she prefers the toilet? :P

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

My wife works on animals for a living. PM me all the symptoms and behaviors and your phone number. I'll have her take a look at it when she gets home to see if she has any ideas.