Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My dog

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

My dog went to the vet today, and she has cancer again... This time it's pretty bad, but they're not sure just how bad until they do a surgery on Tuesday... My parents may put her to sleep depending on how bad it is, and I'll be at basic training /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

She's about 13 years old now, I've kinda been waiting for the day to come, but still sucks... /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Sorry dude... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

thats sucks man i rember when my first dog had to be put down she went crazy its pretty hard /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

i dont know what ima do when my dog dies. shees and indoor dog and the whole family is attached. im guessing thats wut ur case it.

sry dude

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

man that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i dont know what ima do when my dog dies. shees and indoor dog and the whole family is attached.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds sick and wrong, but if my dog was a chick, I think we'd have to get married... I honestly think our personalities are that perfect for each other /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Our other dog is cool... But he's just a dog to me... He could run out and get hit by a car and I'd prolly be over it in a couple days... It's going to be weird coming home and not having my best bud there to greet me at the door and beg me for my bacon and go camping and for rides in the Jeep /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I think I'll try to get my parents to let me get another Border Collie... That's what this old dog is, and every one I've met is frickin awesome /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I have a cat that is 19yrs old and she has been around me since I was first born, she would sleep in the crib with me, I dred the day when she goes, I will be depressed for a long time. Sorry to hear about your dog, just think good thoughts and try and get through it. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

its not a dog, but we had a cat that was 17 years old, and my mom and dad had him a few years before I was born, then when I was around 8, he was sick from being old, so we put him to sleep /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

That sucks man. I've been there more times than I would care to remember. It is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, but I can't stand watching a dog, who has never given me anything but truly unconditional love, lay there in pain and not be able to help her (always have had females) feel/get any better. I dread the day that any of my dogs or my sister's dogs get called up to the big backyard in the sky. It is a part of dog/pet ownership that definitely sucks, but compared to not having a happy dog waiting at the door after a bad day, I'll take a dog every time even knowing that the inevitable will happen some day.

Best wishes for you and your dog.
    Nick

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I think I'll try to get my parents to let me get another Border Collie... That's what this old dog is, and every one I've met is frickin awesome

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hey Carl I'm real sorry to hear about Your dog. I totally agree with You that Border Collies are awesome. I have one that is 9 years old and I just got another one that is almost 11 weeks old. I wouldn't have any other kind of dog. They are very smart, loyal and loving.

Here is an adoption site for Border Collies if Your not into dealing with puppies. Lot's of nice looking BC's on the site.
    Border Collie Rescue

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

capman, i have a border collie too, but he's mixed with a black lab. quite the interesting dog. personality traits from both dogs are very evident in him. he's always active, and he actually tries to herd you if you're walking across the yard or something. also, he always sleeps close to furniture, as if he's trying to herd it too. the lab in him comes out in his intelligence, he loves learning new tricks. overall, the best dog i've ever seen. its kind of funny with this mix, if you dont pay attention to him, he will go off on his own and occupy himself. most common he will take a ball to the top of the stairs, drop it down the stairs, retrieve it, anddo it all over again. we just let him go one day and he did it for 4 hours straight.

12. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Sorry to hear that man. I'm really attached to both of my dogs, and I know the day will come for me too. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Sorry to hear it... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

14. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

ya we gotta half border collie and half something else /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif shes 13 and has butt cancer /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif shes still doing great though, bordie collies are good dogs, sry to hear about yours

15. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Losin a family pet is just as bad as losin a human family member. I do hope she pulls through this and is there to greet you after basic is over.

16. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I feel for ya, my (family dog really, but she was MINE haha) dog was about the same age and suffering from cancer and we had to put her down. It was much harder than I thought it would be and I went with her to the vet and was there until the end and was glad to be there. Sorry you cant be there for yours. It is so hard, but like my boss at the time told me, "thats part of being a good master". I still miss my dog and its been over a year now, but I am now thinking of getting another dog of my own /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

17. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I feel your pain man.

18. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

THATS GOT TO BE TOUGH, I know you love your dog, the way I love mine, Like I said before, everything happens for a reason. chin up /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

19. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

sorry to hear about your dog. mine is a female pit and i love her alot. I think female dog's have more personality than males and in my opinion are smarter. I don't know what I will do when mine decides to leave me.

20. justwhatido

justwhatido 1/2 ton status

Sorry, it sucks