Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My door striker fell off!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mwolfgang, Oct 22, 2002.

1. mwolfgang

mwolfgang Newbie

I have a serious problem, my door striker on the drivers side fell out. I ordered a new one, but the hole where the previous one was doesn't have any threads. I cannot see how it will attach. The hole is as big as the washer on the striker and inside there is a metal bracket with a square hole. I need to know what part is missing, and how to get it all back together.

2. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Sounds like it rusted out. That happened to mine too. I took it to a body shop. They said they would weld on a new piece for $150. This was only for a primer job. I imagine JC whitney, LMC truck, and even GMpartsdirect.com can get you the panel piece.

Good luck.

3. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I think the striker has a plat on the backside it screws into, pull that 4x10 speaker from teh corner and I think you can access it. It may have fallen to the bottom of the cab.

4. Texas84K5

Texas84K5 Registered Member

Mine rusted out, I got a new striker from the dealer for $15 and took it to a one man body shop. For $25 he welded on new steel and attached it.

5. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

Mine has been ripped out and welded back in before. Not very well eithier. It was like that when I bought it. It still loosens up after every time I wheel it hard. I'm going to have to redo it soon