Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my doubler questions.

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 55Willy, Jun 20, 2005.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

What would be needed to swap to a doubler in my situation.

I currently have a 465-205 figure 8 pattern 10 spline. which adaptors do I need and what 203 do i need to find?

also lengthwise, how much longer would it be? my rear shaft as is sits at 32" joint to joint.

I also think a 2 piece front driveline would be needed :blush:

the rubicon is in August and I would like to go low, low low,LOL

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

The shortest way to go is with the factory 465/203 adapter and a 203 with a 10 spline input gear. This gets you to where you'll add 6-6.5" to the overall length of your drivetrain.
    We're always looking for the factory adapters and there is some work going on to reproduce the factory adapters so we can sell you one directly. Timing on the new ones will be too late for you so you need to look for a factory piece.
    We have new 10 spline input gears on the shelf so you can use any GM203 gearbox and just put the new input gear in it.

Past that, you need the female input in your 205 and a shifter and you're good to go slow.

Starting soon is a good idea, we often have the GM to GM adapters on the shelf (like we do now) but no matter what, the more time you have for a conversion like this, the better.

3. minifoot77

minifoot77 Newbie

i have a 77 th350/np203 and am up grading to a 465/205 combo what pieces can i use or do i have to get new every thing?

4. Stephen

If you're swapping in the complete tranny and t-case, you have all the adapters you need already. You should check the condition of the drivesleeve and the shafts that it couples, wear in this area is common and we have new drivesleeves pretty cheap.

5. minifoot77

minifoot77 Newbie

which ones can i use ive never done one and need it brokin down barney style :D

6. Stephen

This might be a good time for a phone call, there are many things to clarify here....