Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My dream truck and I am having more problems with my M1009. (head gasket)

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by 84CUCV, Jul 6, 2003.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

How is everyone? It has been a while since I have been here. Anyway, as some of you know I did the head gaskets on my 6.2. At the start of the new year. On the driver side on the back by the fire wall there is oil coming down. WTF!!!!!!!!!!! I need to redo it don't I? I know I did it by the book. what the heck could have I done wrong? This sucks. Could I just tighten the head more? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif Found a truck I would love to get my hands on! K30 w/6.2 80,000 on it. New pump and injectors, tiers, cd player. 400/205 combo and a No spin out back. Body is in great shape. Even has a/c. For 3500. I helped him out a while back. For 3500 if I had it it would be in my yared right now. This is killing me, but what ya going to do. Thanks for the help Mike

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Are you sure it's not a bad valve cover gasket or vacuum pump gasket?

Rene

3. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Im sure of it. I can see it. What a pain this is going to be. I will need to redo the head right? Thanks Mike