Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Dream's Comin' Round!!

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by BurbLover, Aug 27, 2002.

1. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

My Dream\'s Comin\' Round!!

I've always wanted to be able to upgrade my Burb, but $$ is always an issue. Fortunately for me, my van didn't tow my 17' camper too well. So, my wife suggested that I put some $$ into my Burb. That being said, I upgraded from 1/2 ton everything to a 14B w/ a gov lock in the rear and a heavy duty D44 up front. Both have 4:10s. I also got a set of 36x12.50x16.5 Good-Year Wrangler R/T's. The gouy threw in the tire. The tires actually fit nicely w/ my HD 4" Superlift. Now all I need to do is get rid of my 33x12.50's & original axles. My next purchase will be drivetrain-related. I've got a line on 454/TH400/208 for 800. I only hope I can sell my stuff first to buy it before he lets it go. Anyway, just had to tell someone of, for me, is a huge upgrade.

Mark

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Re: My Dream\'s Comin\' Round!!

dang congrats man! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

yeah man nice job.. i really think that deep down all subs want to be beefed up and get rid of that lame 10 bolt stuff... almost all the major money i've spent on my burb has been to convert it to one ton gear... is your sub rusty to or is it clean? mine took some work to de-rust-tify..

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Sweet deal man, wish my wife was that nice...I have to beg to get anything done on my burb...lol anyways, congrats man.

5. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Thanks. As far as rust goes, I've got rust on the tailgate, both driverside doors, driverside front fender, and the passenger front door. My plan is to replace all parts rusty after everything else is done. Lastly, I plan to paint her yeller with taxi checkers down the side. After all, I do have three kids to run around.

6. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Thanks. By the way, how hard was it to cut your front fenders? They want too much for the bushwacker cut-out kit. I am debating on doing it my self.

Mark

7. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

You know I saw an article in one of the Magazines where they had cut the fenders on a Cheerike and welded the inner fender to the outer where they cut it back. They layed in some additional metal for the spots where the inner wasnt close but they looked awsome and were a whole lot stronger. I'm trying to do it to my Sub when I get there. The nice part was you could buldge your fenders while your there and not need plastic flares. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Just cut them out yourself, it's simple! Check out my pics. I stuff 38's with no problems.

9. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I just wanted to mention that I have a most wonderful wife. Since I was looking into buying a friends 454/TH400/208, she went behind my back & was going to buy it for me for my birthday. My friend decided to keep the 454. Therefore, she bought me the 400/208 & gave me her blessing to build a motor. My brother is on his way to Boise with a line on a 454 for me. I just have to replace the crank & have the heads done. NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL A GREAT BIRTHDAY PRESENT!!!!!

Mark
    aka BurbLover

10. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I'm going to make my wife read this part of the post! Mine has tried really hard to do stuff like that too.