Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

my driveshaft still vibrates

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rick88blaze, Feb 25, 2003.

1. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

this weekend i put a 2 1/2 in. suspension lift on my 88 blazer. new front and rear springs and shocks and tires. since then i have had to grind down the slip yoke on my rear drive shaft due to it hitting, and i have dropped my t-case 1". my rear driveshaft is still vibrating though. i thought with that small of a lift kit that i wouldn't have these problems. anybody have any idea as to why i'm still getting vibration and the yolk still slightly cathes the driveshaft if i take off hard from a dead stop. any help would be appreciated.

2. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

It sounds like your driveshaft angles have changed just enough with the lift to either introduce a new vibration or exagerate one which was already there. A loose slip yolk could cause this or having unequal driveshaft angles at the t-case and pinion. With the vibe, you should take a close inspection of your u-joints while your down there in case the vibe loosened a bad one up. Sometimes even the smallest of changes can bring about a vibe.

3. rick88blaze

the u-joints were tight, but i am planning on upgrading to the CTM ones advertised on here. on the slip yoke, how can i tell if it is loose, or is there a way to.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> You can tell if the slipyoke is loose by just grabbing onto it and seeing if you can wiggle it up ancd down or not.

As for the CTMs, those are steering joints, not driveshaft joints. </font>

5. rick88blaze

thanks, i hadn't checked the CTM website yet, you just saved me some useless browsing on that. i'll check the slip yoke out. do you know a good place i could get a new one?