Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My Duramax had a bad day

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by earl87gta, Dec 27, 2003.

1. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

ouch... if they total it... you should buy it back cheap and part it out..

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Ouch, that wont grow back. I doubt they will total it out as seeing how new it is. Looks like at least an '03.

4. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

It a 03 with 10000 miles on it. I told my wife she should have let it run for a while and maby it would have blown the engine then i know it would have been toltaled.Write now its hard to say with out geting up under it and finding out how bad its bent up for the front suspention and the fender will need to come off to see if the door piller is bent in.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

It won't load.

6. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

My friends suburban was hit worse than that and it didnt get totaled. It also needed a frame swap too. I dont know about the truck frames but the ones on the 97 suburban are really weak around the suspension area, and thats is where his got really creamed.

7. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

I dont know what percentage they go by for a total so Im not sure what they will do with it my friend is the service manager for the ford dealers body shop and he said its a good posibility it will get totaled out. he said it looks like the cab door suport is bent in and the frame bent plus all the other damage so buy the time they swap in a new chassis or fix it plus replace the cab or fix it it will probly be cheaper for them to total it by the time its fixed and they pay me for loss of value and the rental car I guess I will know next week some time. I hate to see the truck go but then again they will probly try to fix it and it will have front end problems eat tires every 1000 miles and Ill be trading it in on somthing else.

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

damn i hate to see that happen to such nice expensive trucks like that..hope they can do something with it!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn sorry to hear about that glad your ok though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

Thanks Guys,
    I kinda hope they do total it out maybe I can buy it back from them I have 68 body Ive been thinking of usinf for a crew cab convertion and this would be a great chassis to start out with.

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

That's not really that bad. I bet it'll be a high dollar repair bill, but I've seen far worse rigs fixed.

12. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've seen far worse rigs fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like this one? It cost the insurance company somewhere around $8k to fix it. The frame was bent, as well as the whole front clip and the pass door had a few dents. It drove fine afterwards, but the cab was a little off center and it leaked air pretty bad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Then the body man didn't know wtf he was doing.

I've seen entire cars (an impala SS in fact) cut in half, a new half welded on, and they run and drive fine, just as good or better than before.

14. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

My insurance agent said that state farm considers a vehicle a 'total economic loss' when the damaged exceeds 40%-50% of the vehicles blue book value. My wifes car is in the body shop right now and we are hoping it reaches that level.

15. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

Thesheetmeatal mine dosent look as bad but It git hit more on the drivers side and the pic I have sucks so you cant tell its shuved back a good ways they may try to strighten it out but its going to be a lot of work not mention all the extra stuff under the hood of the deisl the is busted up one baterry 2 altanators and every thing else that was hidding on that side. plus there going to pay me loss of v alue for the truck Im not going to go to sell it a year from now and find out its worth half the value from the wreck.