Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

My e-brake cable is different!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TruckNutzDude, Aug 6, 2003.

1. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I was going to swap to discs and I will, just not today. But now that I've decided to keep the drums temporarily I noticed my e-brake cable is totally different from the K20 14 bolt to my 1990 10 bolt. The '79 K20 axle has a sandwich plate style e-brake mount (to the backing plate) where my 10 bolt has the typical hole and tang style. What do I need to do to make this swap work???? Will I need to make a bracket or should I just buy some K20 cables? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: Did search and still need information (about my disc brake conversion)

Hmmm Rear Disk brakes.....I love mine DO IT /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I am not sure about the ABS. I cant imagine it is too hard to get around it. For wheel studs just use Autozone part # 98739. 9/16x3" should be the same for all of the 14bff. They are 2.59 a piece and all the autozones I went to only carried 5 of them so you may need to hit a couple of different stores. Here is my setup.
    [​IMG]

3. TruckNutzDude

Nice setup, but where's all the rust? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif That's exactly what I'd like to do, only I need an e-brake to be legal in MA. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

4. LUBA

LUBA 1/2 ton status

I got a set of caddy calipers minus the springs and levers. $60 plus shipping if your interested. I just bought them for the springs/levers never used them so they might just be good for cores not sure though. Cores are $$$!

5. TruckNutzDude

I might be interested, I'll let you know by this weekend. Thanks for posting /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. TruckNutzDude

I decided to recycle this post about my disc brake swap to keep the # of posts in the garage to a minimum! I figured I'd mention that incase someone was wondering why the top post doesn't make much sense /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Check here:
    http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=blazer4x4&Number=627643&Forum=All_Forums&Words=14FF%20e-brake%20cable&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=100&Old=allposts&Main=625283&Search=true#Post627643

I think the newer 14FF cables will work along with a quick mod on the bracket.
    You might even be able to "bubble gum" something together with air-craft cable from the hardware store and some crimp clamps (don't know how much the DMV would like it though).